Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Pass Me My Crutch!



Today I am weary. Physically and emotionally exhausted. Do you ever wish you could sleep for a year? That's how I feel right now. And so, I ask my Father to give me the strength I need to face anything that arises today. Someone once told me that Christians use their faith as a crutch so they don't have to deal with things on there own. I say...Amen! If by crutch they mean something to lean on, something that will hold me up when I haven't got the power to stand on my own, something to keep me from crumbling into a heap on the ground, then you bet Christ is my crutch. And does this mean that I don't have to deal with things on my own? Then I say, "Amen" again! Isn't that what Christ offers us and wants us to receive? His help, His intervention, His plan? We don't have to do anything on our own power! Trust me, I've tried and it never works, at least not for long. It may work for a while but eventually I hit a brick wall. There was no way around it, through it or over it without Christ's help. And that is exactly where He wants us to be, wholly dependent on Him. So, pass me my crutch! And thank you Jesus for holding me up! "The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped...." Psalm 28:7

8 Comments:

Blogger sparrow's song said...

Hello, a pleasure to meet u.

Well said!

I couldn't imagine having to face all the heartaches of life without Christ. He is the reason we'll continue to stand when the storms come our way.

4:02 p.m.  
Blogger Pilot Mom said...

Amen, Bekcy! I'm with you 100%! I will lean on my Crutch every time!

4:33 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, yes! i so agree with you, becky! He's someone we can depend on FULLY.

6:43 p.m.  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Wow...I never thought of it that way before. Wish I'd thought of it when I was on crutches for 6 weeks! Beautiful analogy, as always, Becky.

8:10 p.m.  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

I agree - what's wrong with a crutch? How about an entire heart and lung transplant! And renewing day by day by His Holy Spirit. By the way, this morning in my prayer time, I recieved some encouragement from the Lord and recalled your entry from the other day that I looked over in passing last night - that of God encouraging you that He was pleased with you. It helped me to receieve what God was prompting me. I was reading in Hebrews 6:10, "For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name...." And remember, do not be weary in well-doing, for you will reap a harvest if you don't give up (grow faint). Andrea

9:26 p.m.  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

i love that picture, how beautiful, I too am tired, I am so glad He carries us during these times

12:53 a.m.  
Blogger Joe said...

Those "anti-faithers" who call Christianity must have something against people who need crutches, like my friend Jeff. Is'n that a form of the discrimination they pretend to hate?

5:42 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are brainwashed.
There is no LOVING creator.
Just look around.
Religion is truly the drug of the nation.
I pity you.

7:06 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home