Tuesday, August 16, 2005

A Child In God's Care



Oh how my spirit longs to be carefree and innocent. To play, to splash, to laugh. And then, I read today in Pia's blog http://myblog2002.blogspot.com/ these challenging words: "You must trust God completely and stop trying to figure out what you will do if God doesn't come through for you because that will never happen. There is nothing too hard or impossible for God." And I realized that I have expended a tremendous amount of energy trying to make plans in case God doesn't come through for me. But really, what God wants me to do is go play and splash and laugh because He's go the whole thing under control. He is telling me that I can have a carefree spirit once again. When I was a child, I never worried about having enough food to eat, or a bed to sleep in at night. I just knew that my daddy would take care of those things. I trusted, perhaps without really even realizing it, in his care for me. My heavenly Father is asking me to trust Him the same way. And isn't He even more able to provide all that I need? Psalm 37:25 tells us this ~ "I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread."

And so, tonight I will go have fun. My friend Alison phoned me out of the blue with 2 tickets to see a live production in the city tonight with her. It's been ages since I've just gone and had fun! Thank you Lord that not only do you take care of the bread and the bed, but the fun and the friends as well!

6 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

I was mesmerized by that picture.

Really, really nice!

5:11 p.m.  
Blogger Pilot Mom said...

Oh, Becky, those tickets are a God thing! What a blessing He has given you. I hope you enjoy your evening! {{hugs}}

9:29 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we can always count on HIM. sometimes, we don't understand why things are happening the way it is but when we remember that GOD is in control, it make things easier for us to bear.

i thank GOD that i was able to give encouragement to others in my own simple way. and yes, my hubby is a filipino. i'm a little of filipino,spanish and chinese mixed together. so your husband is too? wow! small world. say hi to him from us. c",)

GOD bless you and your family. remember, with GOD nothing is too difficult.

9:35 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops... i pressed the wrong button. i wasn't able to proof read it. sorry for some wrong use of words.

10:03 p.m.  
Blogger Saija said...

i like what claire said re the tickets ... "it's a God thing" ... it feels like a hug, or an e-mail from the Lord when stuff like that happens, doesn't it? i've experienced that too ... makes a child of God feel His love ...

(hugs)

6:46 a.m.  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

wow that's such a great picture Becky! How was the live production? Yes our God in a good God and He cares for us! :-)

7:54 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home