Friday, August 19, 2005

SPAM! Yuck!


In an effort to stop some of the SPAM comments that are being left here, I have decided to implement the Word Verification option on the bottom of my comment boxes. I hope you will still comment and won't mind typing in the funny, slanted little word on the bottom. How this works is, it stops those Spammers that send automated messages to thousands of Blogs. Now, they have to stop and type in the Verification Word. Since the automated system can't do that, it moves on to someone else. If any of you are also receiving spam like my friend popsicle Pete (you should see his spam!) then you may want to implement this as well. It's very easy to do. You just go to Settings, then Comments, then click yes on Show Word Verification On Comments.

6 Comments:

Blogger Pilot Mom said...

Thanks for the heads up, Becky! I'm going to check it out. So far I haven't had any but I think that may just be coming to an end because every one of the blogs I read has been getting spam...yuck!

12:24 p.m.  
Blogger Joe said...

YES! I have wondered what couldd be done about those guys (or that guy). (Or gal)

This is a good idea...how do you do it?

2:13 p.m.  
Blogger Nettie said...

I jsut discovered this too, I hope they don't find a way around it.

7:40 p.m.  
Blogger Popsicle Pete said...

Thanks for the heads up.

8:28 p.m.  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I haven't had any yet, but most of the blogs I read have had a lot. Figures....I'm not even popular with spammers! Boo-hoo.

:(

5:25 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've seen a lot. i won't be surprised if i get one one of these days.

i'll have that word verification up on my comment page too.

8:13 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home