Friday, August 12, 2005

For All The World To See...



As you can see by my profile, I thought it was time I removed the mask and regulator and showed you what I look like without a layer of neoprene and expensive scuba equipment. Part of my healing in this place has come from the words God writes upon my heart just moments before I type them on this blog, and part of the healing comes from the support and love I feel in this place. And so, I thought it was time to meet some of my friends face-to-face. I think that visually, it's important to connect with people. This is not to say that those of you out there who do not have a photo on your blog are 'hiding' it's just that as a part of this experience I felt it was time to 'come out'. I don't mean to make a big deal about this, it didn't take a lot of courage and I don't have huge self-esteem issues about the way I look. The truth is, many of you may not care one bit. I just thought it was time. So hi! Here I am, in all my glory (well at least part of me.) I'm actually nursing my son in this picture (that may fall under the category of 'too much information' and for that I'm sorry) but I've cut out the sensitive bits and here you have it!

P.S. Does anyone else think it's funny that the word 'blog' always come up as a spelling error on the blogspot spell checker?

9 Comments:

Blogger IMO said...

Oh no, I'm not the only one lucky enough to get your pic. But I got the whole one LOL. Too much info again hugh? Sorry.

12:16 a.m.  
Blogger Refreshment in Refuge said...

You are beautiful.

I was studying my lesson to teach tomorrow evening and I misread a verse reference. I was reading along and kinda wondered what the verse had to do with the lesson and then I immediately thought of YOU. 1 Peter 4:1-2 Remembering that Christ endured bodily suffering, you must arm your selves with a temper of mind like His. When a man has thus endured bodily suffering he has finished with sin, and for the rest of his days on earth he may live, not for the things that men desire, but for what God wills.

The perfect reason we must walk through the valleys of death, so that we will put away the desires of sin and delight in the Lord and delight in doing His will. You have shown that through your healing writing on this blog which has richly blessed me. Praise God.

9:39 a.m.  
Blogger The Faith Expedition said...

Teresa - Did I send you the full-meal deal? Ha ha...I forgot about that! Too bad I had to cut out the bottom part of that picture. It really is the most beautiful part of the picture, feeding my little sweetheart. Oh well...

Gina - Thank you so much for that verse. It really spoke to me today. What a wonderful hope that this will prepare me for a lifetime of living in God's perfect will. I should seek to learn my lessons well so that this may truly be 'the end of sin' in my life. And thank you for your compliment...everyone who loves the Lord is beautiful, don't you think? His presence shines through. I always know a christian face when I see one. There is a loveliness there that can't be hidden behind big noses and crooked mouths and any other 'imperfections' we may perceive. I've never met an 'ugly' true lover of Jesus.

11:36 a.m.  
Blogger Pilot Mom said...

Becky, I'm so glad to put a face to the words! You are as beautiful as your words which you write!

My problem with pics is that I still *think* of myself as 30 rather than over 50 so I am always a little *shocked...disconcerted* when I see a current picture of myself! Ha!

2:27 p.m.  
Blogger Saija said...

well hello to you becky! it's nice to see YOU ... at first i thought i had clicked on the wrong blog - no scuba gear! :o) and if you are feeding your little one, then that is why you have such a contented look on your lovely face ...

6:33 p.m.  
Blogger Timothy Thompson said...

Great to see you unmasked and now to be able to put a face to the words. I still remember when you first revealed the reasons behind your struggles. The mystery continues to unfold and, most importantly, the Lord's healing continues in great measure.

Thanks for continuing to share yourself and your struggles and your victories. May our good Lord continue to cover you with His amazing grace.

10:55 p.m.  
Blogger steve said...

Came across your site from Teresa's.

God Bless!

6:05 a.m.  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Becky, as someone else said, you are beautiful!!! It's nice to see the face behind the posts.

5:35 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Becky. Nice to see ya! You're a beautiful lady! :)

10:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home