Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Heartbeat


Last night was truly a triumph of the spirit for me. The production we saw was called 'Heartbeat'. "Featuring an impressive cast of over 55 dancers, martial artists, and musicians, the show takes the audience through the history of drums and drum dances through two millennia of Chinese history. Supported by over four hundred incredible hand made period costumes and a multitude of fantastic sets depicting the glorious dynasties of China, the show again promises to be a real feast for both eyes and ears." There were many moments throughout the performance that I just closed my eyes and let the beat of the drums take me away from all that hurts. During one particularily peaceful and somewhat 'transcendental' scene I let all the air out of my lungs and relaxed my shoulders and closed my eyes and whispered my own version of chants..."I love you Lord. You are awesome God. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for caring for me. I love you Lord..." And the drums kept time with my heart and God's heart, and we were one heart.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so great that your friend called you to invite you to go out with her and then to get to see something that sounds like it was really terrific. How wonderful for you! I'm glad all of that came about.

Those are the unexpected, magical moments that occur in this life that make for such wonderful, life long memories. Hopefully we all have some of those. I have some, I know, that I've treasured for years and years and still recall every once in a while with great happiness and joy, still.

I'm glad you have had this experience to savor for today and to keep from now on.

11:15 a.m.  
Blogger Pilot Mom said...

It sounds wonderful, Becky, and I am so glad you were able to go and enjoy yourself! Praise the Lord for your dear friend! :)

4:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home