Friday, August 19, 2005

Movin' On Up!


I thought it may be time to give a bit of an update on my current state of affairs. As of today, I have a Condo for baby and I to move to. It's big and clean but not in the best neighborhood. The building is a bit run down, but the unit is owned by a very nice Christian couple who are both school teachers. We will begin moving bits and pieces in over the next week or two. Once again, it's a humbling experience to go from a beautiful house to a small, older condo. However, I will bloom where I'm planted with God's grace and love. The owners are letting me pick all new paints and will pay for the supplies if I do the labour. No problem. There are hardwood floors throughout and best of all, I'm allowed to keep my dog Max! That was an answer to prayer! And, it's on the ground floor so little buddy can go out to do his doggy stuff with ease. Also, the owner is installing in-suite laundry ( a stacking washer/dryer) right in the walk-in closet. How's that for convenient laundry...over the head and into the machine in one swoop! Some of my student loan money has arrived, just in time to pay some bills that were getting a bit too far past due. Also, I have found a lovely Christian mom who will provide daycare for Kyle 2 days a week while I'm in school. Another answer to prayer. Now all I need to do is find a laptop computer. I'm hoping to find a used one before school starts. I know that in the eyes of the world, I'm certainly going 'backwards' in life, losing my husband, my home, my income. But I see it as moving forward. I'm heading to school to finish my education. My faith is stronger than it has ever been, and Kyle and I will learn to wholly lean on Him to provide for our every need. And that is the only direction I want to go! Thank you all for your love and friendship. I covet your prayers and your words of encouragement! Much love, Becky

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad things are going a little better for you. Thanks for the update.

You'll do fine in school, too. I was in my 30s when I went back to college with only 19 hours of credit, so I had a LONG way to go and was in a very depressed state at the time, too, due to an enormous amount of serious problems in my life.

But, I stuck it out, concentrating on just one semester (sometimes one DAY) at a time and not only graduated in 3 years, but with a perfect 4.0 average! And I was commuting 65 miles one way from my home to do so 2 and 3 days a week with kids at home to take care of.

It's just a matter of perseverance, mainly, along with a lot of help from God, of course!

Go girl! You can do it!

P. S. And thanks for the "word" about how to work on the comments section of the blog to try to eliminate spammers. I just did that after having about 20 spammers hit my blog during the night last night! So, thanks for the tip!

3:14 p.m.  
Blogger Pilot Mom said...

It is always exciting to me, Becky, to hear how faithful the Lord is to His own! Thank you for uddating. Isn't that neat you get to keep your dog, and that your landlords and babysitter are Christians? Hallelujah!

I can hardly wait to see pics after you have painted and moved in! I'm sure your place will emanate warmth since it is where you are! :)

7:35 p.m.  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

Joe sent me here! I am excited for you about your new place. God is so good! I will be back!

4:34 a.m.  
Blogger Joe said...

To bloom where you are planted. What a great philosophy! Thanks for a really nice, uplifting post.

7:08 a.m.  
Blogger IMO said...

I'm SO proud of you! And of course God came through as always. As well, I'm envious of your tenasity. I seem to be stuck right now in in-between land and have not moved forward (regarding school) yet. I'm still trying to work out the details myself (you know how this, how that) instead of stepping forward and letting God work it out. Thanks!

1:20 p.m.  
Blogger IMO said...

Oh, when we moved here (bad part of town) from up on the hil (super part of town), I felt the same way. I have "bloom where you are planted" on a big rock in my garden. 2 years later, I am blessed to be here and God has worked here way more than anywhere else. Look for the blessings ahead!

1:22 p.m.  
Blogger Saija said...

sounds like things are moving in the God direction! i am thrilled for you that you are going on to school ... i am 1 year short of my degree (theology) and i have always thought "some day" ... ? ... and even tho' your "some day" may not have arrived in quite the way you wanted, i bet you will be a blessing to others & be blessed yourself (cool re the apt., & answered prayer!) ...

(hugs) ...

7:08 p.m.  
Blogger Jennifer said...

You are definitely moving forward! I went through the same thing (I feel like a broken record saying that). My daughter and I lived in a one bedroom efficiency with no laundry, no AC, very little heat, and lots of mice. I couldn't dry my hair and have the fan on at the same time or I'd blow a fuse. Oh, it was AWFUL!!!! But God protected me, and He was with me throughout it all. We drive by the place all the time now, and 6 years later my daughter always says how much she MISSES it! I think it's because it was just the 2 of us, and no matter how bad things were, we had each other. I also grew incredibly close to God in that time, because I'd been far from Him for a long time. You are in a much better place spiritually than I was, and I know God will continue to bless you and move you forward. You are in my prayers, as always.

5:23 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home