Thursday, August 18, 2005

Evening Star


Last night, as the day turned slowly into night, I found myself sitting alone staring up at the sky. In the center of a purple dusk, I saw the first star of the evening. "The Evening Star," I said out loud. Then these words drifted across my thoughts, "He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name." Psalm 147:4. I asked God what the Evening Star was called. This is the reply that He whispered to me, "Rebecca Faith." I laughed out loud. "Wouldn't that be something," I thought. "A star with my name on it." And then it came to me again, "Rebecca Faith." And so I stopped smiling and with serious thought, I asked God why? And He said, "Because I love you. Because I'm proud of you. Because in your journey, you have pleased me. And so, for you, the Evening Star is called Rebecca Faith and when you look at it, remember that you are doing well, I am satisfied with you and I love you." And as the sky filled up with more and more stars and the Evening Star faded into the crowd, I left for home and new beyond the shadow of even the smallest doubt that my Father had spoken to me and was happy with me and loved me and I slept deeply and in peace.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Wow, Becky! That is awesome! I want a star, too!

:0)

2:08 p.m.  
Blogger Joe said...

You see...we don't need that "International Star Registry" place. God can handle it all.

4:33 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i told God that i want Him to use me for His glory. i want to be able to help others in my own little way. i want to please Him.

i want a star too, becky. c",)

8:05 p.m.  
Blogger The Faith Expedition said...

Jennifer & Pia - Oh, you can bet that you have a star with your name on it! I'm sure that God is just as proud of you both!

10:08 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Simply beautiful!

9:09 a.m.  
Blogger Pilot Mom said...

I agree with lj...simply beautiful! *contented sigh*

12:26 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home