Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Just A Moment To Spare...

Well, here I sit in my University Collegium with just a few moments to spare. I wanted to update you all on how things are going. School is a huge adjustment! Wow...was I ever 20? I keep calling the other students 'the kids'. I really am getting old. The work load is humungous! I'm already behind and I never even got a chance to be ahead! So far, I love all of my classes except Creative Writing. Isn't that funny? The one class I was so looking forward to, my only 'fun' one, and it's nothing like I thought it would be. The focus is mainly poetry and while I love poetry and even enjoy writing it on occasion, I was really hoping that it would focus more on writing, how to develop a story-line, characters etc. as I have always wanted to write a book. Oh well. We'll see...I might grow to like it yet. I'll have to perform in a public poetry reading. Yikes, talk about being out of my comfort zone. But then, everything I'm doing right now is waaaayyyy out of my comfort zone.

The move is done. There's still lots of unpacking to do, but for the most part, the hard stuff is over. My Mom, God bless her, has hired Molly Maid to go to the house and do all the cleaning so I don't have to. I'm so greatful for that as it was just one more big thing on my already overloaded plate.

Thank you all for your love and prayers and for 'hanging' in there with me as I continue to grow and hurt and struggle and question and hope and believe!

8 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I’m hanging, Becky! I understand what you’re saying about the writing class. I have been a writer ever since I was old enough to hold a pencil, but I’ve never liked writing assignments. Being told to what to write is no fun! I’m still praying for you.

10:03 a.m.  
Blogger Pilot Mom said...

What a great mom you have! To see your need and to be able to provide in a tangible way like that is so fabulous.

I laughed when I read "was I ever 20?" I've had those thoughts before. Humor and laughter go a long way in adjusting! :)

Hang in there...you'll do just fine.

1:30 p.m.  
Blogger Joe said...

Comfort zones are way over rated.

God bless and sustain you in your efforts.

6:57 p.m.  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

Hi. So glad you're keeping us updated. The kids in their 20's and younger are looking younger and younger. The other day I flipped through Jeopardy! and I thought it was the high school or at least the college edition, but no, it was just the regular show. Re: school, maybe you can think about it the way I try to get myself to think about exercise - its a privilege to be able to do it, that you have both the opportunity and the mental ability. I have to keep reframing my 5 am exercise to that reality - it really IS a gift to have my husband to watch the kids (while everyone is still fast asleep) and not be injured or paralyzed. Hang in there and keep us posted! You're in my prayers.

8:01 p.m.  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

Go Girl! I love this post, you are such an inspiration!

3:19 a.m.  
Blogger Lightseeker said...

Becky,

I can understand how you feel sitting in the classes with "the kids". I had to go to the community college here in town to get books for my Senior in High School who is taking a College English class before school each morning. Just walking thru the campus to the bookstore, I over heard a guy ask a girl, "do they allow parents on the grounds?" I felt so old at that moment! Then I thought to myself "hmphhh, what does he know, I am only 38, I could be a student!" LOL! Your a brave lady! Hang in there! Praying for you always.

God Bless~

8:04 a.m.  
Blogger David Warren Fisher said...

Becky: Press on as your learn at Jesus' feet. He may not be your professor at school but He is teaching lessons that you might never learn elsewhere. Who better to teach us (even though God's school can be painful) that the Sovereign King of Glory?

Press on, dear one!

Stand tall amongst the 20 year olds! You have a story to tell if they'd only listen.

Stay strong in the fight!

Standing with you,

David

3:03 p.m.  
Blogger Popsicle Pete said...

I had struggles with "Creative Writng" as well. At first I thought of it as an unwelcome intrusion into my creative process, but we had an excellent instructor and I began to see it more as giving us tools to communicate effectively. It got better over time and now I am thankful I took that course.

7:13 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home