Thursday, September 01, 2005

When The Spirit Moves - Literally


I have been packing all day. This morning, as I sat on the couch cuddling my son and watching 'Blue's Clues' I was overcome with a feeling of despair. Those same words that flooded my mind in my new Condo came back to have another go. "I can't do this." I looked around at my still unpacked place and even though I don't have tons of stuff, it looked endless to me. I put my son down and moved forward to the edge of the couch. "I can't do this Lord. You're going to have to motivate me to get packing today. I can't do it on my own. My feet feel like they are made of lead. You may as well be asking me to walk up Mt. Everest in a neoprene scuba suit. That's how hard this feels to me." I sat there for a moment and then I stood up. I can't tell you much more than that. Something must have come over me because I lost track of time and before I knew it, it was time to feed and bath Kyle and put him to bed. And as I looked around, I was almost stunned to see that my kitchen was nearly completely packed up. God is so in the here and now. Without His help, I'd likely still be sitting on that couch. And so, one day, one box at a time, I can do this because Almighty God, the great 'mover' and shaker is helping do what needs to be done.

8 Comments:

Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

Oh wow! that was such an awesome post and something I needed to hear.

I don't always understand why God allows certain things and people to come into our lives. I question his reasons and I know I shouldn't question, i should just trust, because His ways are not our ways and His thoughts are not our thoughts.

Thanks for your insight. God truly is the God of the here and now!

2:33 a.m.  
Blogger Joe said...

Just shows you what can be done when God moves.

4:02 a.m.  
Blogger David Warren Fisher said...

Becky: Glad you liked the song! I was going to read it to you as an Audio Post but I was away with Matthew (10) and Nathan (9) and didn't have a quiet moment in the last 3 days. Thought of you though. Be encouraged today!

I've often thought of those in the Southern U.S. who lost everything and realized just how blessed I really am. Matthew left his favorite teddy bear, Ted, at our hotel in New York State (by mistake) and was grieving so much last night. We tried to tell him that thousands of people lost every possession they had. Oops! I'm preaching to the choir. I better run!

He will continue to walk every step of the way with you, dear friend.

In His embrace,

David

4:17 a.m.  
Blogger Dave. said...

Becky, I was in the military and I just don't want to remember what my family went through each time we moved. It's true, the boxes seem endless!!! But to move on your own with a little one to look after - WOW!
God will continue to uplift you and you will both be mightily blessed in your new home.

5:48 a.m.  
Blogger Popsicle Pete said...

When i read your post Ps: 103 came to especially the verse about rising up on wings as an eagle. Peace be with you.

6:47 a.m.  
Blogger Popsicle Pete said...

I'm sorry, I should have include this to be more sccurate. Oldtimes must be kicking in:

Isa 40:29 He strengthens those who are weak and tired.
Isa 40:30 Even those who are young grow weak; young people can fall exhausted.
Isa 40:31 But those who trust in the LORD for help will find their strength renewed. They will rise on wings like eagles; they will run and not get weary; they will walk and not grow weak.

7:13 a.m.  
Blogger rev-ed said...

Good post, Becky. I love reading your posts because it's so easy to see the way the Lord is working in your life. I wish we were all paying such close attention.

3:12 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

one thing i've learned, becky, is that when God moves, i lost track of time. when He moves, what seems to be so hard becomes doable. He will give you the strength to take the next step.

8:02 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home