Wednesday, August 31, 2005

...and we live like Kings!


"I'm blessed, I'm blessed, Oh God, you have blessed me far beyond what I deserve. You have put me in a place, this place and you have blessed me. I have so much to be thankful for." As the images pour in from Louisiana the tears fall and I shudder at the heartbreaking pictures of those who have lost all. A family huddles in their car, four beautiful little children. Big eyes, dirt smudged cheeks. They have run out of gas and they have a flat tire and they are hungry. A drug store opens up and all they are able to buy is cookies and lemonade and the children are laughing and thankful to have something to eat. And I feel immensely guilty over the sorrow I have felt over 'losing' my beautiful home and having to move into an 'old condo' when in fact it is a mansion. And each day I eat a feast. And my clothes are clean. And my thirst is easily quenched. And I am so blessed that my loving Heavenly Father has seen fit to care for me and my son in this way. "Oh Father, forgive when I have been selfish and thankless and spoiled. And should the day come that I lose everything, may I still feel blessed, so blessed, blessed far beyond what I deserve."

5 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

Amen! Blessings and love to you, Kitty

6:35 a.m.  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Amen to that! I have wept, too. Last night when I poured a glass of water from my filtered tap, I felt so guilty. Yes, we are truly blessed.

11:38 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

becky, we are blessed. when i see pictures on tv and even in the newspaper on how people around us live, i thank God for all His blessings and His provisions. i may not have a lot, but i certainly have all that i need.

God bless you!

8:36 p.m.  
Blogger David Warren Fisher said...

Becky, my friend: Check out Pilgrim Scribblings. I've dedicated a new song from the latest CD from Casting Crowns to you. Be encouraged today!

In His embrace,

David

9:48 p.m.  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

Becky, I agree. It is really humbling. Sacramento is about the same size as New Orleans, and Sacramento is held dry behind a series of great levies and dams. That could have been us. Who knows what another day might bring? It feels a lot to me like 9/11 although people don't seem as personally frightened now as they did then. But watching an entire city be drowned is ...leaves me speechless. It is changing me, so it must be changing others also, but I'm trying to figure out how everyone is being changed. It is really frightening - the violence they are having there now - makes matters worse. Each day seems to be getting worse for them, not better. It seems like some sort of judgment it is so bad - worse and then worse and an entire city of people is either dead or relocated. Imagine losing not only your home, but job, family, community, memories, culture....Prepare the way for the Lord, may He move in there and show us His hope and may people be looking for Him, finding Him and responding.

10:15 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home