Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Lean Hard



Once again my Streams In The Desert devotional gripped my heart and captured my spirit, my prayers, my longing for Christ's sustaining love during this struggle:

Child of My love, lean hard,
And let Me feel the pressure of your care;
I know your burden, child. I shaped it;
Balanced it in Mine Own hand; made no proportion
In its weight to your unaided strength,
For even as I laid it on, I said,
this burden will be Mine, not hers;
So will I keep My child within the circling arms
Of My Own love." Here lay it down, nor fear
The government of worlds. Yet closer come:
You are not near enough. I would embrace your care;
So I might feel My child reclining on My breast.
You love Me, I know. So then do not doubt;
But loving Me, lean hard.


My favourite two lines in this poem are, "Child of My love" and "For even as I laid it on, I said this burden will be Mine, not hers." What an awesome thought. First that I am a child of His love. And secondly, even before I felt the full extent of this trial, God claimed it as His to bear, not mine. What a relief to know that it is His! And so, I will lean harder on Him tonight than I have ever leaned before! There is far too much for me to carry right now. I will gladly lift this weight off of my shoulders and give it to Him to carry. It will please Him because He loves me so!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home