Sunday, September 11, 2005

Overwhelmed But Blessed!


Dictionary.com defines overwhelmed like this: To surge over and submerge; engulf: waves overwhelming the rocky shoreline. Wow, how true to how I'm feeling right at this moment. The waves are definitely breaking over my head and the air I am gasping for is the breath of God. It is He alone that can sustain me and keep me from going under. It is Him. It is only Him. He is the reason why I'm able to breathe, however shallow those breathes may be. I am surrounded by boxes, by homework, by my confused and exhausted baby boy, by my completely stressed out dog, by loneliness, by heartbreak, by fear and by absolute bone-tiredness. But, praise be to God who so perfectly supplies all of my needs, I have a roof over my head, food in the cupboard and each of those boxes is full of pictures, books, treasured memories, clothes, soap, and many other things I am lucky enough to own. As I think of those down South in Louisiana and other places I can smile through my trials and feel amazingly, incredibly, joyfully blessed. Now, I'm off to study and then to bed! Thank you Jesus! You are sustaining me and I will not drown!

10 Comments:

Blogger David Warren Fisher said...

Becky: You are in my prayers today! Check out the post, "THE WORD IS MERCY" on my blog. Again, I thought of you when I first heard the song. Be encouraged tonight, dear friend!

You are in God's loving embrace!

David

8:50 p.m.  
Blogger Lightseeker said...

When reading your post, Matthew 6:34 came to mind. Hang in there my dear friend. I am praying for you!

God bless~

5:15 a.m.  
Blogger Beloved Princess said...

I really love the pictures you post on your blog! Lovely! lovely! When circumstances seem to overwhelm, it positions you in a place to receive the overwhelming love and presence of your Daddy-God who loves. His love is the air that we breathe. His spirit within us sustains us and gives us strength in adversity. He holds us in a loving embrace every night as we go to bed. He is our ever present help in our times of need. He is our life-giver, dream-maker, helper, best friend, saviour, brother - the one who gave Himself to die for us! Because He loves us!

6:12 a.m.  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I am overwhelmed today myself, Becky. Thanks for the encouragement.

10:36 a.m.  
Blogger Refreshment in Refuge said...

A beautiful post and tremendous tribute to our Beloved Provider. Thank you.

5:23 p.m.  
Blogger Joe said...

I can SO identify. As the son of and Air Force officer and a minister of music, youth and education, I have moved over 30 times.

I never want to move again.

But through it all, God has been the sustainer. He will be yours.

4:37 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! Yes! Yes! He is our Sustainer. I'm glad you're doing well. Blessings, Becky.

2:15 p.m.  
Blogger IMO said...

Sounds familiar, the drowning thing seems to be going around but we are not drowning, we are being rescued and restored with the Living Water which tosses us.

5:35 p.m.  
Blogger IMO said...

Oh, homework, write me a tell me how that is going. I will be taking that on next semester.

5:37 p.m.  
Blogger Bouna Antonio said...

Do not fight the winds if the Lord is in your boat. Go stay on His lap. Sleep close to Him. Do not wake Him up.
A Christian should find peace in the midst of temptation.
The more you fight the winds, the more you become overwhelmed. This is why many people give up.

9:16 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home