Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I Know That My Morning Is Near



If I can endure for this minute
Whatever is happening to me,
No matter how heavy my heart is
Or how dark the moment may be...
If I can remain calm and quiet
With all the world crashing about me,
Secure in the knowledge God loves me
When everyone else seems to doubt me...
If I can but keep on believing
What I know in my heart to be true,
That darkness will fade with the morning
And that "this will pass away too!"...
Then nothing in life can defeat me
For as long as this knowledge remains
I can suffer whatever is happening
For I know God will break all the chains
That are binding me in "the darkness"
And trying to fill me with fear...
For there is "no night without dawning"
And I know that "my morning" is near!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lightseeker said...

Becky,

That poem was absolutely beautiful.
Did you write it??

God Bless~

4:39 p.m.  
Blogger The Faith Expedition said...

Hi Lightseeker...I wish I could lay claim to writing that beautiful poem but I cannot. I'm not sure where I got it from, I found it scrawled quickly in my handwriting on a piece of paper as I packed up more of my house today. It just fits my situation perfectly. I'm glad you like it too!

5:37 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's lovely. it's like speaking to me too. i know in my heart that for every night, there's a morning. and i know that our morning is soon to come.

God bless you, becky.

6:56 p.m.  
Blogger Rich said...

Hi Becky,

I have always loved how my Father has put this to me in the times of great devastaion in my journey with Him.

Sorrow endures for the night, but joy comes in the 'mourning.'
Blessed are those that mourn, for they shall be comforted afresh in the morning!

In Him we Live,
Richard

2:04 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home