Monday, September 05, 2005

Love Lifted Me


Wow, it's been a tough day, both physically and emotionally. I'm pleased to say that the majority of my home is now packed up. Just my bedroom to go. Physically, of course it's always tiring to move. It's especially hard when my 16 month old likes to pull everything out of the boxes as fast as I can put it in. I seem to be packing many things twice. Emotionally, with each stretch of the packing tape that pulls off the roll, I feel a bit of my heart tear away. Again, the tears flowed easily today as what I know and is familiar is packed away forever. The future so unknown, the past so full of sorrow and disappointment. And so, I must live in the present for it's the only thing I can know for sure. And what I know today is that God's love continues to lift me and hold me up. Without His care, I would not be able to do what I'm doing. And the words to that old hymn flit across my mind: Love lifted me, love lifted me. When nothing else could help love lifted me! There were 'angels on earth' today as my Mom and sister-in-law helped to pack. They sensed, and rightly so, that I was having a real hard time facing all of this alone. They showed up ready to work and will be back again over the next couple of days. And now, I will fall into bed and hopefully the baby will sleep well and I will sleep well and all will be well in my world as the Father's love lifts me and carries me onward!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lightseeker said...

Even tho you might be physically and emotionally stretched out to the limits, each day as I read your posts, seeing things from a different view, I see how the Father so lovingly speaks to you through each situation. I see He is taking each step right with you and days you are worn His Love lifts you up to the next step when you can't yourself. I pray for you daily.

God Bless you my dear blogging friend!!

6:16 a.m.  
Blogger Refreshment in Refuge said...

Becky, your life is a tremendous testimony to the Love of God. You are blessed and are a blessing to me.

7:46 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

becky, i feel your pain. God will see you through. that's for sure. because He loves you so. and i do too, becky. i'm always praying for you.

7:03 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home