Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Re-inflating My Faith


I've been so sensitive to the presence of God through this dark journey that I seem to see Him everywhere and in everything. I've shared with you a few 'mysterious' moments when I have been given a vision of Angels holding my arms and helping me stand during an especially difficult time and feeling Christ's arms around my shoulders. Tonight, I had something unusual happen that gave me such instant peace that I feel I must share it, even if some may think me strange. After a phone call from my husband, I broke down sobbing while I was bathing my son. He's too young to understand tears and giggled up at me as he tossed a cup of water over his head. In an effort to 'stem' the flow running down my cheeks, I pressed Kyle's shirt to my eyes. Now, you know how when you push on your eyes, you can see colours and shapes. Well, as I pushed the shirt hard into my face an image of a white cross, as clear as if my eyes were open and staring straight at it, glowed brilliantly before me. The instant I saw it the tears stopped and this thought came to mind: "I'm right here daughter, I have not abandoned you. I'm working everything out right now, at this moment. Have faith. Don't lose hope. I showed you that cross to remind you that you are not alone in this!" Okay, some of you may be thinking that I'm finally losing it. But I hope that more of you are thinking what an awesome God we have that meets us in the exact moment we need Him most. And although He wants us to walk by faith and not by sight, there are times when He grants us just a glimpse, a tangible thing to hold onto, something that breathes air into our faith when it is on the verge of deflating. I believe that Christ did just that very thing for me tonight. Oh and yes, I tried pushing on my eyes a few times after that, and I got nothing but a vague orange/yellow halo and a few black spots. :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Timothy Thompson said...

You are blessed indeed, Becky and an inspiration to those of us who sometimes just try and rely on our own strength and wisdom.

Far from losing it, you do demonstrate the awesomeness of God's love and constant presence with His children.

Thanks for sharing this.

6:58 a.m.  
Blogger Refreshment in Refuge said...

Becky, I know you are not losing it.! Jesus does the same for me when I've been in those trying times. He knows just what to do and just what to say and He is so precious. What a beautiful and sweet thing for Him to do for you!

10:50 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you start school yesterday (or is it sometime this week)? I've sure been thinking about you. Blessings - LJ

11:03 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're not losing it. God does the same thing with me. He simply shows us how awesome He is and that He's there when we need Him the most.

hold on, becky.

6:24 p.m.  
Blogger Pilot Mom said...

Isn't that what He would desire Becky? For us to see Him in everything and through everything? How precious to see Him comfort one of His own. {{{hugs}}}

10:13 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home