Monday, August 29, 2005

The Painting Of My Life


This picture just blew my mind! There is such serenity and peace balanced with wild untamed beauty. As I travel this difficult road, it helps me to stop and experience moments like this when I am taken away from the 'smallness' of my present circumstances and reminded that there is a great big world filled with such loveliness. I am also reminded that even though my life feels chaotic and out of control, the same God who organized and created this scene is also in charge of all the scenes of my life. And it is just as lovely, in it's own special way. God sees the beauty and the future, I only see the sadness and the present. If my life could be a painting, this is how I would want it to look. Wild and adventurous, coloured in vibrant hues, majestic and peaceful, reflecting the Father Creator.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think its interesting that you see serenity in that picture. When I look at it I can feel the feeling you get when a storm is coming. The prickly atmosphere and humidity just before a cleansing rain. It is beautiful though, and you know that the ground and animals will be thankful for refreshment that will come.

8:50 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That previous comment wasn't annonymous, it was me hitting the wrong button. Hi again!

8:51 a.m.  
Blogger The Faith Expedition said...

But there's a rainbow LJ...it's after the storm. :) Hugs, Becky

8:52 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Becky, girl. :) I just read your comment over at Dave's blog.

Reminded me of church last week. We had a couple speak who are remarried (for 6 yrs) after having been divorced for 7 yrs. Circumstances are different, of course, but the principle is the same. (She actually had an affair and wanted the divorce, then after getting her life right with God felt like she was supposed to remarry him. Took 7 yrs for that to happen)

Anyway, God DOES indeed honor our faithfulness to Him, to His purpose, His plan. As a son of the King, your husband won't be able to escape what God has for him. I pray reconcilliation wouldn't take that long, but then again -all in God's timing and His sovereignty.

Love you - Love your heart

11:19 a.m.  
Blogger ukok said...

That truly is serenity captured in it's natural, unmucked up by humans, form.

Beautiful

God Bless.

11:42 a.m.  
Blogger Suzanne said...

What an absolutely awesome picture! Oh it takes my breath away!

12:30 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God is in charge of our lives. He's in control. He's an awesome God.

6:16 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home