Sunday, August 28, 2005

My Spirit Receives A New Coat Of Paint


Yesterday and today, the Condo my son and I are moving into received a new coat of paint. My parents, brother & his wife and a family friend all pitched in to help me make the place look beautiful. My sweet boy and I arrived early, before anyone else got there and as I stood in the middle of the living room, holding Kyle in my arms, we committed our new 'home' to the Lord. The tears streamed down my face as I asked Him to keep us safe and to fill this home with His love and presence. All the while, a voice nagged at the corner of my mind. "I can't do this. I can't do this. Oh God, I can't do this." I put my son down on the floor and the tears continued to roll. Suddenly, a voice spoke through the fear and said, "You don't have to do this. I'll do it for you and with you and through you. If you give it over to me, I'll take charge." And so I did and a flood of peace washed over me. And with every stroke of the brush, the drab ugly colours disappeared and bright, fresh new colours arrived. And so too, the ugliness of the past year seemed to be dissolving and I began to feel fresh and new and bright. As I looked around my newly painted condo, I finally felt hope again. Perhaps, even a twinge of excitement as I anticipate what the Lord is going to do in the coming days, months, years.

2 Corinthians 5:17 ~ Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

8 Comments:

Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

God is so awesome!!

3:43 a.m.  
Blogger David Warren Fisher said...

Becky: One of my recent messages was entitled, "Stand Back and Watch God Do HIS Thing!" I'm continually finding myself up against a wall but I'm learning to stand back and wait for God to do incredible things. I can't wait to hear what the sovereign Lover of your Soul is going to do in your life, Becky! May He meet you today at your point of need and whisper in His tender, loving way, "Becky, look to me today. I'm going to do great and mighty things that you've never seen before!" May the adventure of TODAY be something that you look back on tonight as one of those defining moments that shaped your life in Him.

Standing with you...and watching...

David

4:55 a.m.  
Blogger Lionfish said...

I love the concept of recycling...of making old things fresh and new again.

God does not like to waste precious resources.

5:52 a.m.  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Amen! I love the imagery.

5:59 a.m.  
Blogger Pilot Mom said...

Yea! I'm so glad you were able to overcome the negative voice! And, what fun to have family and friends to help out with the painting! This has been a big step! Congratulations and Praise Him!

6:50 a.m.  
Blogger Lightseeker said...

Congratulations on your new home! As you look at the new coat of paint on the walls each day, let that be a reminder of the coat of paint God placed on your spirit. Never forget the what He spoke to your spirit "I'll do it for you and with you and through you. If you give it over to me, I'll take charge."

God bless~

10:10 a.m.  
Blogger Dave. said...

Becky, came by via Gayla.
Have very quickly checked through some of your previous posts. You are embarking on a new journey and I admire you.
May God bless and keep you both. It would seem that the condo is an answer to prayer.

2:18 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations on your new condo unit. God will see you through, becky. i just know He will.

God bless!

8:29 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home