Friday, November 11, 2005

Still Reaching Out In Faith



Wow...you'd think with all the writing I did on my blog before school started, term papers would be a breeze. The words just don't flow as easily when I have to write as when I'm writing because I want to! I'm sorry it's been so long since I've written here, but the papers are taking up my few precious spare moments when baby has finally fallen asleep and I can get some homework done. I've only got 2 major papers left to do and once their done, I can catch up on the reading and start studying for finals.

God is good. I just want to let you know that I still believe that, even within the hustle and bustle of school and the noise and clammer of a 19-month old and the still absent husband. Even when I have days when I've actually wondered if He still loves me, or worse yet, if He even likes me, my faith remains. Not always strong, not always unshaken, but it remains.

I've had a couple of really tough counselling sessions when I have had to come face to face with my idea of God and question His power and purpose in my life. There have been nights of bitter tears and mornings when all seems grey and hopeless. But somehow, within in this sorrow, I still believe. And that is the work of the Holy Spirit. It is He that whispers to me, God is good. God loves you still. God is in control. He hasn't abandoned you. He hasn't forgotten His promises to you. He hasn't turned His back and walked away. And as I get up each morning and face another tough and lonely day, God does walk with me. If He wasn't, I wouldn't be standing.

Love to you all!

16 Comments:

Blogger Rich said...

Hi Becky,

Your going to make it!!

I love this quote, “What I’m saying is that following him, as he makes himself clear to you, is your responsibility. Providing for you is his. You’ll be better off if you don’t get the two mixed up.”

In Him we Live,
Richard

4:12 a.m.  
Blogger Joe said...

Good to hear from you.

Not only are the papers you do for school "have to"s they are "scholarly" and not just fun communications.

But, as Richard says, you are going to make it!

10:09 a.m.  
Blogger Pilot Mom said...

"God walks with me. If He wasn't I wouldn't be standing." Powerful, Becky. That describes each and everyone His children. Congratulations for continuing to move ahead. {{hus}}

9:44 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm still praying for you, becky. i agree with joe and richard, you're going to make it. hang in there sis.

8:04 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure I've said this before,but "God is good all the time. All the time, God is good!" :-)

9:04 a.m.  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

Job 42:5: "I have heard of Thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth Thee." God is shaping you to see Him, commune with Him, abide with Him in purity and holiness. I agree with the others' comments above.

*

6:35 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)

10:32 a.m.  
Blogger Saija said...

good to hear that you are focused and also charging your batteries with God ... blessings to you!

7:54 p.m.  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

Hi Becky. Love the picture. Remember when the bleeding woman thought that if she could just touch His garment she would be healed? Or about the man who said, "You need not come to my house. Just say the word and my servent will be healed," or the woman who said, "even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from the master's table,"(begging Jesus to help), or the woman who kept begging the unrighteous judge to have justice in her situation and Jesus said, "Keep asking, keep seeking, and keep knocking" and said that just as the unrightesous judge would show justice for that woman, so too would my Father will hear from heaven and will respond to those who keep praying and do not give up." Becky. Don't give up. "In due time you will reap a harvest if you do not give up." "Wait upon the Lord and He will renew your strength. You shall mount up with wings as eagles, you shall run and not fall..." Don't give up. Wait for God to finish His work. He knows the whole plan. Don't quit or give up on Him. Don't try to find your own way of escape. It's just pain. They'll be a time later when there will be no more pain. Later there will be no more time for faith either, because then we will see Him like He is and we will be like Him. God bless you. Thanks for listening. Hope you didn't mind. Just endure the pain in quietness and humility, looking to the Lord. That is what only a Christian in Christ's strength, who is not of this world, can do through His strength in her.

11:22 a.m.  
Blogger David Warren Fisher said...

Becky: I haven't written in awhile but I check your blog every day and lift you up in prayer! Thanks for your honesty and transparency!

Much love in Christ,

David

8:36 p.m.  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I totally understand what you mean about writing blogs not making you write better papers. I've wondered that too, and I think you are right...we are writing papers because we have to, and blogs because we want to.

I just finished one major paper and a book review. This weekend I have to work on a Power Point presentation on that same paper, as well another major paper (on 1 Samuel...my topic is the ark narrative in chapters 4-6).

I'm really looking forward to Christmas break when I don't have to worry about this stuff for awhile and can just sit and do hobby/relaxing type stuff.

6:07 p.m.  
Blogger Pilot Mom said...

No pressure, Becky, but I am missing you! :) I pray all is well, you're just busy.

10:06 p.m.  
Blogger David Warren Fisher said...

Becky, my friend:

Just a note to say you're in our prayers. I check your blog each day and when there's nothing new I wonder if you are doing alright. When you get a chance, please post a short note to let us know how you're doing.

We love you and miss you!

David and all the rest of your blogging friends and prayer partners.

P. S. Rest in His embrace!

4:38 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Becky - where are you????

3:22 p.m.  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

yes God walks with you - He is Immanuael! Blessings to you Becky!

10:43 p.m.  
Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:25 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home