Sunday, October 30, 2005

The batteries are low in my flashlight!


I've been somewhat remiss in my daily writings here again. Between reading Homer's The Odyssey and myriads of textbooks and the onslaught of post-midterm papers that are now due, it's been a bit difficult to be disciplined in writing my blog. I think that also, I have been hesitant to share my voice here because in it's current states, it's a bit weak and quivering. My faith has really taken a blow these past few days as my situation with my husband remains 'status quo'. I have been asking God for a miracle for so long now that I am beginning to wonder what His purpose is in all of this. It's so easy to say the words, "Thy will be done" and "God works all things out for our good" and "I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord", but in reality, the waiting and the not knowing really sucks! I vacillate daily between feeling like Wonder Woman and Gilligan (see previous post). Mostly, I feel like God has left me to wander around in the dark, just hoping to bump into the right door that will open up to a wonderfully bright and happy future. And all I seem to be doing right now is bumping my head on low-hanging beams and tripping over unseen obstacles. When I'm walking close to God, I can almost see a small crack of light shining out from beneath a door in the distance. But when I start to lose faith, the slip of light disappears and I just wander around in circles. And so, I must pick up my bible shaped flashlight and search this cavernous room called life and try my best to find and walk through the right door!

6 Comments:

Blogger Rich said...

Becky is my beloved daughter (child) in whom I AM so delighted!!!

Behold what manner of love that Father God has so lavishly poured out on Becky that
she might be called His daughter!!

Father in the name of Jesus I ask that the reality of (Ephesians 1:17-18) your love for Becky will be her abundant and over flowing portion today and forever.
I
ask that the power and yet great tenderness of your love for her will free her to be ABLE to trust you with all of her life today and her tomorrows.

In Him we Live,
Richard

2:15 a.m.  
Blogger Joe said...

The God who promised never to leave you nor forsake you has not left you to wander in the dark hopint to bump into the right door.

He may well be moving you toward real submission to Him and His will.

Pray for what He wants for you and you are guaranteed to receive what the Guaranteeor wants you to have.

2:49 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God wants you 100% dependant on Him. As much as we try, our humanity is powerless toward what others do. Keep your focus on God and what HE wants you to think about - (Phil 4:8 Whatever is true, whatever is honest, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever things are of good report:If there is any virtue and if there is any praise, I will think on these things.) Our circumstances are not as much about US as we sometimes think. Listen to the Father's voice . . . My prayer for you is by focusing on your son, your studies and all the things that bring joy, you find peace and rest, hearing the voice of the Good Shepard, Jesus.

7:48 p.m.  
Blogger Pilot Mom said...

Hang in there, Becky! {{{hugs}}}

3:07 a.m.  
Blogger IMO said...

I feel the same thing right now. Read the lyrics to the song I just posted--no other words needed.

4:48 p.m.  
Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:26 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home