Tuesday, November 01, 2005

The Fleece and the Lamb


Two days ago, I challenged the Lord and laid a fleece before Him. It's not something that I have done very often in my life and I understand the 'dangers' of directing God. However, I felt I was at a cross-roads in my journey and I needed a definite answer from Him on which way I should go. I told Him that this was not the time for subtle clues or hidden answers or the 'just trust Me' speech. I needed an answer and I wanted it by this morning. And so, at 7:45 a.m., He answered me in an undeniable and tangible way. It was so miraculous that I instantly dropped to my knees beside my bed and the tears erupted from my eyes. I only said two words, "Thank You" before I got up and got ready for school.

Two days ago, I faced God squarely and presented to Him a symbol. Beside my bed, on my nightstand, I placed a tiny stuffed 'beanie baby' lamb. I told God that it was going to stay there to remind Him that I am but a little lost lamb, stubborn, sometimes dumb, many times foolish and completely dependent on Him to care for me. I firmly reminded Him of His promise to me in Isaiah 40:11 "He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young." There were moments of anger as I laid out my expectations before Him, moments of fear as I challenged Him, moments of sorrow as I laid my head in His lap and cried.

I love my Lord with all my heart and I know that He loves me with all of His. But there are times in every relationship when you just need to speak out loud what's on your heart. You need to be bold and say, "Hey! Don't forget your promises to me!" And there are times when you need to hear direct answers to direct questions. And God, in His incredible mercy, looked down at me, the tiny ant shaking my fist up at Him, and He smiled that loving, knowing smile of a parent and He gathered me to His chest and He hugged me tightly and said, "Okay daughter. Okay."

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i do that too sometimes. especially when i desperately need God's answer on something i have been asking Him. and i always remind Him of his promises to me too. just like what kids do.

God bless.

12:38 a.m.  
Blogger Lionfish said...

Hi Becky,

Ive been "off-line" for sometime...life challenges. It is good to see that you are still here and still posting! :-)

4:28 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's good for Believers to actually PRACTICE biblical disciplines and principles. I say "Fantastic, Ms Becky!" I'm so glad that God touched you in a profound, tangible, supernatural way!!!

Isn't that just a great 'faith-increaser?' :)

8:22 a.m.  
Blogger Dave. said...

Last Thursday morning I was woken up at 5.30 by God as He whispered to me, "See what I can do for you when you ask and then get out of the way so I can get on with it". The day before I had received the resolution to a situation at work that I had handed over to God the previous Friday.

What a great God we serve. Amen.

5:54 a.m.  
Blogger IMO said...

God wants us to need him more than anything else and that is what you did. I have done the same thing and several occassions and He always comes through. He knows exactly what we need and when we need it, but He wants us to call out to Him and He wants us to "know" where the help came from. He knows our hearts!

6:54 a.m.  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

God is so awesome and great!!!

1:04 p.m.  
Blogger Joe said...

God is great! God is good! God is nice!

5:29 p.m.  
Blogger Saija said...

i'm glad the Lord touched your heart in such a neat way ...

as for me, i think the Lord has me reminding Him about scripture promises because in the end, it boomerangs right back to reminding me what God said in the first place! ... if you follow ... :o)

blessings to you!

7:59 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, i'm a little slow sometimes, but you said that God answered you in a "tangible" way, at 7:45. What was it? I might have missed something but I didn't understand what the tangible way was.

I want God to protect me from my enemies. I pout and whine to him, He did it for David, David whined all the time in psalms for God to protect him from his enemies and trample them beneath his feet. I want that, and I get impatient waiting for God to do it. I BEG him to do it. Why do I feel so out there on my own all the time? I feel like He's doesn't have my back. They come at me in droves, trying to tear me down, and I want them to stop. I want God to have vengeance on them like he promised in the bible.

9:32 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do that too--sometimes you just need that release of saying " I need this" I'm glad you were answered in sucha loving way.

12:55 p.m.  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

How have you been Becky?

4:57 a.m.  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

Becky, I love your going boldly to the throne of grace to ask for help in time of need. God does have our back. Always. Even when we don't understand.

4:43 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becky Boo, are you ok out there? It's been a while since you've posted...

8:51 a.m.  
Blogger Curious Servant said...

Once I needed a clear message from Him. I prayed, and the answer was very clear.

I wonder if the act of asking is what He is looking for in us?

2:27 p.m.  
Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:25 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home