Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Guilt-ridden to Guilt-free!



Today, one of my professors said this in his prayer before class started, "Lord, there's nothing I could ever do to make You love me more...(and there was silence for a moment before he finished the sentence)...and there is nothing I could ever do to make you love me less."

Zing! That pierced my heart. I have been so guilty for the past while thinking that I was failing God and He must be loving me less. Now I know, that's the lie satan tells us to break our relationship with God. We've all been there, committing a sin, then not wanting to talk to God because we feel guilty, bad about what we've done. Feel unworthy. What God really wants us to do, is to come instantly back to Him, confess our sin, receive His forgiveness than stand back and watch as He tosses it in the deepest sea. Then, go and learn from our mistake and be better at standing up against it should it rear it's ugly head again!

And so, I face this night guilt-free! Thank you Father for your unending love and grace and forgiveness!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becky, that's wonderful. When God pierces our hearts with that profound truth, it is indeed freeing.

And that drives me to my knees, too, in gratitude for His abounding mercy.

God bless, sweetie

7:46 a.m.  
Blogger Popsicle Pete said...

Becky,

I can identify with this guilt thing intimately. I just finished reading a book last night entitled "Blue like jazz" and the writer through his own struggles highlights how so many of use view love as something having currency. How I was loved by God and others moved up and down on a scale based in how I did and even my own self love. God wants to set us free from this and in knowing this unconditional love changing us into the creature we were meant to be, and in turn releasing those nearest and dearest to be released to change as well.

Bless you,

9:08 a.m.  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

thank you for this beautiful post and picture...a great reminder! Our God is such sooooo awesome!

9:38 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way Cool!

1:10 p.m.  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

had trouble posting to you last week-thank you for the reminder of the Truth of God's unfailing love.

8:20 p.m.  
Blogger Saija said...

good reminder! i don't need to worry ... just to rest ... :)

big hugs sent your way ...

8:03 p.m.  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

About ten plus years ago a song for kids played and had the phrase,"and does God love you no matter what you do?" I was thinĀŒ

7:17 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home