Thursday, August 11, 2005

She Can Laugh At The Days To Come


I have walked through the fire and although I am singed, because of God's grace I appear to be intact. I have just had 2 of the most heartbreaking days I have ever had. And yet, here I sit full of God's love and wrapped in His mercy. I can see more fires smoldering and burning in the distance and I should be afraid, I should feel powerless, I should feel hopeless...but I do not, because God is fearless, God is all powerful and God is the source of all hope . And because Christ lives in me, I have access to the Father and all He has is mine!

Psalm 18:32 "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."

Colossians 1:11 "...being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance."

And finally, this verse which I think will be my theme as I face the fires to come:

Proverbs 31:25 "She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come."

4 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

awwww these thoughts are so beautiful and wonderful! I'm sorry you have to go through these 2 heartbreaking days, but I can see that you have such strong faith in God - and I really admire and appreciate that Becky!

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28)

Yes all God has is yours too!

11:47 p.m.  
Blogger David Warren Fisher said...

Becky: Where would we be without those incredible promises from God's eternal Word that you quoted! I'm journeying with you!

David

5:12 a.m.  
Blogger Refreshment in Refuge said...

Oh, Becky, I rejoice with you and I weep with you. God is using your experience even now to help others. Often how we react to situations is how others judge God's strength. When I see how you handle these things, I see the champion God of Abraham, Isaac and David. Praise God we only have to walk through the valleys and we do not have to stay there. Amen!

9:13 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

((((Becky))))

4:19 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home