Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The Year of the Anvil


Well, 2005 is coming to a close. It's hard not to think back over the events of this past year without some sadness. However, there are moments in my memory that are liberally sprinkled with the dust of happiness and joy and so, in the spirit of Christ, I'd like to reflect on these first. This year saw my little baby growing into a little boy as he learned to walk and talk and show his temper and say "I love you" and stomp his feet and charm everyone he meets. This year will always be remembered as the year I went back to university and earned four A's and a B+ after not being in school for 16 years! (It's amazing what a little maturity and a healthy dose of motivation can do for a formerly rotten student!) It will be the year that the Lord loved me enough to chastise me and call me back to Himself in a way that a gentle hand could never have accomplished. It will be the year that I began to discover who I am and what I want to achieve in this short span of time we call our lifetime. This year will be the year I discovered who my true friends are and how important the love and support of family can be in time of crisis. These are lessons that I will never, ever forget and am so thankful that I have learned them before I am out of time. 2005 will be the year that I discovered that I have more patience, hope, love, endurance, courage and strength than I ever would have thought possible for me to have and so I will also remember it as the year I truly learned that 'all things are possible with Christ'. And finally, it will be remembered as the year of sorrow, loss and loneliness. But even these memories will, in time, become cherished ones as I see my life laid out on the anvil, pounded and hot from the fire finally taking on the shape that the master designer intended for it to have all along. God bless you all in the coming year and may He fill your hearts with love, hope and peace as you seek to live your lives for His glory.

Love Becky

8 Comments:

Blogger Lightseeker said...

My prayer is that you and Kyle have a very blessed New Year!!

Love and Prayers!!

2:36 p.m.  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

"But even these memories will, in time, become cherished ones as I see my life laid out on the anvil, pounded and hot from the fire finally taking on the shape that the master designer intended for it to have all along." Priceless. Would you like one of my Christmas cards and CD collections? If yes, you may email me your address, by way of my blog. I think that you can just click the envelope sign.

3:31 p.m.  
Blogger Refreshment in Refuge said...

Glory! 4 A's and a B+ -- That's fantabulous. I graduated with honors this semester and you can, too, Becky! Praise God from Whom all blessings flow~!

4:22 p.m.  
Blogger Saija said...

i'm impressed with the marks too! way to GO GIRL! :o)

i wish you more joy in 2006 then you've ever seen before ...

"the joy of the Lord is my strength" ...

5:08 p.m.  
Blogger Timothy Thompson said...

It's good to hear from you again Becky. It's been a busy fall for you and I hope you've had some recuperation time over the holidays.

All the best to you and your son and your loved ones in 2006. Keep us up to date on how "school" is going.

May God's great river of grace continue to carry you!

6:11 p.m.  
Blogger Pilot Mom said...

Beautifully shared, Becky. I'm so proud of you and your grades! Wow!

May His perfect peace continue still to surround you and may His strength infuse you with new energy as you move foward in this New Year of 2006.

I pray you will see His blessings each and every day!

2:05 a.m.  
Blogger Joe said...

Good work!

I never had more than one A at any given grade period. Mostly Cs.

Well done.

3:37 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

becky, i pray that 2006 will be a great year for you and your family. God bless you more.

8:52 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home