Saturday, July 30, 2005

E.A.M.


There is a beautiful flat rock about the size of a flattened wad of bubble gum in my pocket bearing the letters E.A.M. I put those letters there. The letters are to remind me that God is still working, still on the job and that I can 'Expect A Miracle' any day, any moment now. To be honest, there are days I'd like to skip that rock across the mighty Fraser River and watch it sink beneath the surface like my hopes and dreams have done so many times. And then God calls my name, the way my Mother does when she wants my full attention, and He reminds me that although He has promised that 'all things will work together for my good', the timing is completely in His hands. And so, I rub my rock with my thumb and forefinger and I recommit to waiting for my miracle, believing it will be just at the right time, just in the right place and just exactly what I need, just for me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Popsicle Pete said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:35 p.m.  
Blogger Popsicle Pete said...

I can identify with you in how you are struggling very intimately. My own struggles involve depression and my work situation. It is easy to sink into self pity and just give in to the feelings but it doesn't solve anything. What could be better than fighting on and participating in the miracle that springs from hope? Hope that four letter word that at times taunts when things seem really bad does not let go of Gods promises;

Rom 5:1 Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Rom 5:2 Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
Rom 5:3 More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance,
Rom 5:4 and endurance produces character, and character produces hope,
Rom 5:5 and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

If we don't have endurance the whole thing just seems to fall apart and then we are no better off.

Keep trucking sister, the Lord is with you and He will never leave you or forsake you.

3:39 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home