Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Trusting The Man That Died For Me



"My child, you can trust the Man that died for you.
If you can't trust Him who can you trust?"
These words fell from the pages of my Streams In The Desert devotional book and landed in my lap with a thud. The simplicity of this statement stunned me. Of course, it's so obvious! Why would the man who died for me, not take absolute care of me? I mean, it wouldn't make any sense for Him to go through all the anguish and humiliation and suffering that He did for my sake, just to let me flounder about on my own power and stumble and fall and just lay there drowning in sadness and discouragement. Surely, He wants to see me thrive and bloom and grow so that others will see and notice and say, "Hey, there goes that girl that Jesus died for. Wow, what a difference He's made in her life." And so, I will trust this Man that died for me with every little detail of my life. It just makes sense.

7 Comments:

Blogger Timothy Thompson said...

You bring tears to my eyes as I read this and think, "Hey, there goes that guy that Jesus died for."

It all does make sense. But, how we struggle with that trust sometimes.

How right you are, though. It wouldn't make sense for Him to go through all of that and then not care for us today.

Thanks for these thoughts.

10:48 p.m.  
Blogger Pilot Mom said...

That particular one impacted me too, Becky! It is a powerful thought and helps to clarify so much for us, doesn't it? Have a great day!

9:20 a.m.  
Blogger Jennifer said...

"Hey, there goes that girl that Jesus died for. Wow, what a difference He's made in her life."

WOW! That's what I want people to say, too. Thanks for a truly awesome post.

9:38 a.m.  
Blogger Saija said...

now there is an absolutely wonderful perspective on our salvation and life in Christ ... i must remember that ... i want people to say that about me too ...

another amazing pic you found to go along with the thought ...

BLESSINGS on the rest of your week, Becky!

8:55 p.m.  
Blogger Lionfish said...

Becky,

My first time back in a while...I;ve been busy.

Those words about trust were so relevent to me!

4:51 a.m.  
Blogger Refreshment in Refuge said...

What a treasure this is. In Hebrews, the author speaks about Jesus looking past the cross to the joy beyond, how precious that is--He finds joy in us as we place our trust in Him. Yeah! I want people to notice how Jesus makes me better.

7:19 a.m.  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Becky, my pastor sent me this poem and I thought I'd share it with you!

It may not be tomorrow
and yet it may
It will happen on God?s set day.
The burden will be lifted
The lost one will be won
The trial will be over
The long task will be done.
We cannot know the hour
but we will trust Him as we wait,
for He knows just what must come to pass
He will not be a moment late!
So praise Him in the trial
give thanks for the task
rejoice and be obedient
He knows what you have asked.
It may not be tomorrow
and yet it may
It will happen on God?s set day

8:09 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home