Thursday, August 04, 2005

Down The Corridor Of Slamming Doors



I feel as of late, that I have been walking down a long corridor with doors slamming to my left and to my right. The phone rings and a woman's voice tells me that she has a suite she would like to rent to me on a horse farm...my dog is welcome there! But it's too far away. Slam. The phone rings and a man says they have a suite to rent, your dog is welcome to stay too. It's too expensive. Slam. I receive an email from an organization I sent an application to that offers scholarships for University. We regret to inform you we had hundreds of applicants but your name was not chosen. Slam. And on and on it goes. Until my ears seem to be reverberating with the sound of slamming doors.

And so, this morning I had a vision. I was walking down a long corridor, the walls lovely with aged oak paneling, mirrors and beautiful pictures hung between countless open doors. As I approached each door, it would slam shut just as I stopped in front. It happened over and over again. I paused in the hallway, confused and flustered wondering which door I should take. A voice said to me, "Keep walking. There is a door waiting open just for you. You'll know it when you see it but if you stop here in the middle of this hallway you'll never reach it. You must keep walking." And so I walked, on and on and on. After many weary hours, there before me, not to my left or to my right but straight in front of me was a door standing wide. Through the opening I could see sunshine, green pastures, cool waters. I knew in an instant that this was my door. Exactly where I was meant to be and I never would have found it had I stopped walking. "Lord, give me the strength and the courage to keep walking down this hallway. I want to enter through the door that you have chosen for me and none other."

Jeremiah 29:11 ~ "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

4 Comments:

Blogger Popsicle Pete said...

Thank you, I really needed to hear that today. Bless you for your faithfulness.

4:27 p.m.  
Blogger Pilot Mom said...

One foot in front of the other....you can do it!! {{{hugs}}}

9:03 p.m.  
Blogger Refreshment in Refuge said...

Fabulous! I had a somewhat similar vision when I was struggling to find a job eons ago. The wind (read that Holy Spirit) was slamming doors everywhere and had I stopped, I would never have found the escape (read that job) from the house I was trapped in.

I just said a prayer for you to find the perfect place!

12:33 p.m.  
Blogger IMO said...

Amen! he has the perfect door--keep walking. I'll pray He gives you the strength to not get weak.

7:19 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home