Thursday, July 28, 2005

It's Jesus


Thank you all for your kind words and warm welcome back. I felt encouraged that to some of you, I sound 'stronger'. I think the truth is that I have grown weaker and have given more and more over to God's control. The strength you 'hear' is the strength He gives me. I have been brought down so low that only God's hand has held me up and that alone has finally pierced my independent heart and forced me to grab on for dear life. And in doing so, He has raised me up and filled me with His hope, His might, His power. People have commented, "I don't know how you're doing it?" I say, "it's Jesus." They say, "I would have given up long ago!" I say, "I did, and now it's Jesus." They confess, "I couldn't do it." I say, "me neither, it's Jesus." And bit by bit, one person, one heart at a time, I have been able to give God the glory for what He is doing in my life. And that is truly what it's all about.

5 Comments:

Blogger Pilot Mom said...

That IS what it is all about, isn't it? By doing it this way, Becky, He gets all the glory, as He should. He is the one that shines through, as He should. Difficult? Yes. Worth it? Infinitely more Yes! I continue to pray for you. Keep hanging on to Him!

9:35 p.m.  
Blogger David Warren Fisher said...

Becky: What a powerful testimony! It's so easy to "say" the words you've articulated and then not really live them. You're in the furnace of affliction and you're "living out" the truths that we "know" but so often don't "practice". I pray that I will be "strong in His strength" and live "moment by moment" dependant on Him. I'm so glad you're back. Your "posts" are so refreshing and "real". May you know His power and presence today in abundance.

Your fellow Canadian and brother in the Lord,

David

4:42 a.m.  
Blogger rev-ed said...

Ah, for when I am weak, then I am strong!

4:49 a.m.  
Blogger IMO said...

I have experienced that at times in my life as well. When you say, "Jesus, I'm done, I can't do it anymore", He takes over, and others see Jesus in you. You are right, that is the strength we see. Thanks for blessing us!

10:32 a.m.  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh, Becky! I thank God for you. You have been such an amazing encouragement to me, more than you will ever know. Your faith in the Lord is incredible.

1:29 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home