Sunday, May 29, 2005

Dancing On The Tops Of Flowers

Trying to be happy and cheerful when you're feeling sad and lonely is a bit like trying to stand tip-toe on the top of a flower. And that's what I've been trying to do all day; and the flower did not make it! I've had one of those days when I've felt like, "I just can't do this anymore!" And as soon as the words are out, I realize that no, I can't do this; only God can. And that's the problem isn't it? I'm always trying to do it, find it, solve it, make it, control it. And God says that only He can do those things. And I know that if I let it go and give it all, every bit of it, truly over to God I will not only be standing on the tops of flowers but dancing! And so today, I sat with my arms raised high over my head and I envisioned my burden lifted up there before my Lord and I asked Him to take it and then I literally threw it forward. And truly, I felt my arms lighten and they dropped down to my sides and hope flooded me and I breathed deeply. And I saw God catch that thing I threw and He turned and walked away with it; and I knew that He had taken it to His place of healing and refining and forging. And I turned and stepped lightly to the top of a rose and sang a song of praise.

2 Comments:

Blogger Saija said...

"I'm always trying to do it, find it, solve it, make it, control it." ... hmmmm, that sounds an awful lot like me!

do you ever quote a bible verse, and then claim it for yourself, Becky? joyce meyer's preaches big time about quoting God's word, saying it out loud, and claiming the promises written in the word ... sounds good to me ... one can certainly bless their own heart by speaking the words, found in the WORD!

would you believe that stress in my life (husband's chronic pain, decisions about the house, etc.) have manifested itself in a cold sore on my lip? sigh ... now everybody will know that i worry too! a humbling experience ...

i hope that the peace and joy you found today, abides with you all week ... and for my part, i will try to give the bundle of care to my Heavenly Father, He never did mean for me to carry it!

Blessings!

6:28 p.m.  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

Hi Becky, your post here reminds me of the verse "Casting all you care upon him; for he careth for you." I Peter 5:7. How precious to be encouraged by the post of a sister in Christ. Thankyou for leaving such a lovely comment on my blog and I look forward to more visits here and hope you will come over often to visit me. Thanks also for bringing over to me that precious poem. I love a sharing heart and you surely have one.

9:16 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home