Friday, May 27, 2005

A Letter To Anonymous (and to all the other anonymous' of this world)

For those of you about to read this post that did not read the comments attached to yesterdays blog, I received the following comment from an anonymous visitor:

"Get your head out of the clouds . . . dang biblebelts."
Dear Anonymous,
I'm so glad you visited and even happier that you left a comment. You have tripped across my mind so many times since yesterday and I feel sure this morning that God is at work in your heart. I'm sure you did not stay long enough to read more posts and discover that I am presently in the middle of a very difficult chapter of my life. I want to share with you that even though it may seem like my head is lodged firmly in a bank of clouds somewhere, I am in fact, facing dark realities that are very real and very painful every day. However, because I have Jesus as my best friend and my comforter and my counselor, I can face these days with joy and strength and confidence that everything will be okay. God is not up in the clouds but rather a very real presence in my heart and I am so lucky to have Him watching out for me. I'm not just pretending that everything is okay, just trusting and believing that even though I don't know what the future holds, God does. He cares about me, He cares about you. He wants to meet you in your sad places, in your difficulties, in your loneliness. You can know for sure that even though I don't know your name or what your life is like, you are not anonymous to God! He knows you by name. He made you and knows everything about you. He is whispering to you right now...can you hear Him? He's saying, "I love you! My Son Jesus died for you so you and I can spend eternity together. I am here, just speak My name and I will make myself known to you." Please, Anonymous, come again anytime and leave a comment, good or bad. Just promise me, you'll read a little.
Love Becky

6 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

What a truly awesome response! I will add 'anonymous' to my prayers.

11:40 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've not been around for a couple of days. Becky, your letter to anonymous was very uplifting! I hope he/she comes back and reads.

It is difficult for non-believers to wrap their brains around what we, as follwers of Jesus Christ, understand. I pray that the Holy Spirit will stir anon's heart, and that God will save his/her soul.

How wonderful that, even in the dark times, we can trust in the One who has proven He is trustworthy. We can depend on our Father, who has proven He is dependable. With assurance, we know that He will never leave us or forsake us. He IS worthy, and His promises are true.

I am praying for you, Becky.

Father, I pray Your blessings and protection on Becky. Reveal Yourself to her in a supernatural way. Don't let her miss you in the course of her day. Give her Your strength, Your power in facing her circumstances. And in it all, may You get the glory and honor. For Your Name and Glory - AMEN.

11:44 a.m.  
Blogger Popsicle Pete said...

Amen sister

1:44 p.m.  
Blogger Saija said...

the Lord spoke through you, Becky ... you blessed my heart with your response to Anon ... and what Anon didn't realize is, that now there will be many people praying for his/her salvation ...

i'll add an "amen" to Gayla's prayer for you ... it is amazing how we can be connected this way and hold each other up before the throne of grace ...

may your weekend be blessed in every way ... ((hugs))

8:04 p.m.  
Blogger David Warren Fisher said...

Becky: What a Christ-like response to Anonymous! It is hard for critics to put aside such loving, caring thoughts like the ones you have penned! May the Lord continue to be everything to you as you go through this dark valley.

Standing with you,

David

7:22 p.m.  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

Becky, what a beautiful and loving response to Anonymous. You are a vessel the Lord is using. Thats blessed.

9:25 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home