Saturday, May 28, 2005

Shaken But Not Stirred

He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all, how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? Romans 8:32
This verse leapt off the page and took hold of my heart and mind and filled me with hope this morning as I read my devotions. It was as if someone had grabbed my shirt collar and was shaking me back and forth shouting, "How will He not give you all things? He sacrificed His beloved child for you! Is there anything now, after that, He wouldn't do for the love of you?" And my worries of where my child and I will live when our home sells and will I have enough money to return to school and can I pay these bills and will I have a husband, all just seemed to become as mist and the intensity of them dissipated and peace settled in their place. And on days like today, when the sadness cloaks me in a heavy blanket and depression sinks in and tries to take hold, I will turn back to this verse and grab tightly my own collar and give myself a shake and remember that the God of the universe longs to graciously give me all things.
"Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power
and the glory and the majesty and the splendor,
for everything in heaven and earth is Yours.
Yours, O Lord, is the kingdom;
You are exalted as head over all.
Wealth and honor come from You;
You are the ruler of all things.
In Your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all.
Now, our God, we give You thanks, and praise Your glorious name.
"But who am I, and who are my people,
that we should be able to give as generously as this?
Everything comes from You, and we have given You only
what comes from Your hand." 1 Chronicles 29:11-16

1 Comments:

Blogger Saija said...

"Lord keep blessing Becky with love poured from your word ... peace that your Spirit brings ... and the sweet presence of Jesus"

4:45 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home