Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Just The Two Of Us

I believe, because we are so very loved by God, that there are times He removes from us, everyone and everything we are leaning on, trusting in, counting on that is not Him. And in the doing of this, we are forced to rely on Him alone to see us through. It is a hard lesson. It is a lonely lesson for me. There are quiet moments in my day when I feel totally and utterly alone. Abandoned by those that I have learned to lean on for my comfort, call on for companionship, trust to be there when I need them; And they are not. And in those poignant and heart-rending moments God reminds me with gentle whispers that He has not abandoned. He is in the very heart of this thing. It is His doing. He is working and moving and implementing and achieving and carrying out His purpose in me. As I look to the future, I must remember that God is already there. And though I feel forsaken by human comfort and care, my Lord will never, ever leave me alone. And I pray that in this doing, in this thing, He will do something amazing in me. And He and I will walk this road together, just the two of us, and that is enough.

11 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Becky, I have been there and I totally believe God makes us feel lonely for just that very reason. And you're right - it is enough. Still praying.

1:10 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God took me on just such a journey some 10+ years ago now. He took everything away from me, even my job. Stripped be bare that I coul ONLY lean on Him. Quite literally - it was the best of times, and the worst of times, but most of all it is a time that I can so plainly see how God walked with me. I am a stronger (weaker) Christian for it. Praise Him for His faithfulness! Blessings - LJ

3:02 p.m.  
Blogger Ginger said...

Wonderful thoughts. Thanks for posting them.

6:46 p.m.  
Blogger David Warren Fisher said...

The stark reality is...He IS all you need. That's hard for us to accept though. Be assured of my ongoing prayer support, Becky! May you sense His loving care...under that warm quilt of His love.

David

7:51 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get your head out of the clouds . . . dang biblebelts.

8:37 p.m.  
Blogger Pilot Mom said...

Becky, how true He desires for us to understand that He is all...I listened to Dr. David Jeremiah this evening and he spoke on how God is with us...be not dismayed (not intimidated or afraid). I thought of you and how He has been strengthening you throughout all of 'this'. I continue to pray. {{{hugs}}}

8:58 p.m.  
Blogger Saija said...

another "amen" added to the cloud of witnesses ... God's strength is best seen in our weakness ... and our dependence on Him ... you are growing in grace daily ... ((hugs))

9:14 p.m.  
Blogger rev-ed said...

Ah, but our heads are not in the clouds. Clouds are mere vapor. Nothing solid. We "biblebelts" (never heard it phrased that way before) are standing on solid promises made by our Creator. Your Creator too, anonymous.

Becky, God has given you a wonderful perspective in the midst of all this. Isn't it amazing how He uses even the worst of circumstances to remind us of His love?

10:16 a.m.  
Blogger David Warren Fisher said...

Becky: Isn't it interesting that the only negative comment to your insightful "post" was by an anonymous blogger with his/her head in the clouds. Perhaps he/she was afraid that the rest of us would point him/her to the Savior who really is all we need. Becky, you do have a great cloud of witnesses cheering you on. May you sense God's wonderful touch during these days in the valley!
Keep quilting, my friend!

P. S. We may not have our heads in the clouds but one of these days we will meet the King of Glory in the clouds and we'll spend eternity with Him! Hallelujah!

- A Biblebelt

3:42 p.m.  
Blogger Lionfish said...

Becky,

Great reflection. I think you are fortunate that we have a revelation of God. He has chosen you!

1:43 a.m.  
Blogger David M. Smith said...

Hi Becky,

I want to add my name to the list of those who have also had a very lonely experience that revealed Christ in a way that all of the Churches, all of the books, all of the movies, and all of the other believers never could. Maybe it is an indication that we were created for relationships, but certainly it is an indication we were created to have a primary relationship with the Lord.

Biblebelt II

10:27 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home