Monday, May 23, 2005

Standing On The Promises Of God

"God said it, I believe it, that settles it." That was a popular saying when I was a teenager in youth group in the early 80's. I never knew then how dependent I would be on that truth now. It means that I can fully rest in the promises God has made, His covenant to me, His holy Word. He cannot go back on what He promised because He promised that He wouldn't. And if He did, God would be a liar and all creation would cease to be. The planets would fall from the heavens. The stars would drop like burning embers from the sky. The universe would turn in on itself and vanish. But God does not lie. He has promised to be with us in trouble; He has promised to never forsake us; He has promised to hear us when we cry; He has promised that He will deliver!

I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. John 14:18
"Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41:10
"Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me."
John 14:1
"'For the mountains may be removed and the hills may shake, but My loving kindness will not be removed from you, and My covenant of peace will not be shaken,' Says the LORD who has compassion on you."
Isaiah 54:10


I will crawl under my quilt tonight, resting solely on His promises to me. And I will believe, even before I see answers, that He will deliver me out of my troubles. And I will praise Him. And I will trust Him because that is what He has asked me to do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Standing on the promises
Of Christ my king
Through eternal ages
Let his praises ring
Glory in the highest
I will shout and sing
Standing on the promises of God!

9:46 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home