Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Making Every Second Count

Tonight, I came within a second of likely losing my life. I had just entered an intersection on a green light when I saw out of the corner of my eye, a large pickup truck and a car speeding through the intersection on a red light. I stopped just in time as they blew through the light and missed my car. The truck was big and going extremely fast. In my little compact car I would have been toast. As I drove on towards home, tears were streaming down my face as I contemplated what had just happened. I thank God, I have another morning to wake up to my beautiful son. I will hug him tightly when I pick him up out of his crib. I don't know why God saved me tonight, but I do know that He knows the number of days I have on this earth and I want to use them all for His glory. I will trust His plan for my life and do my best to be a good soldier for Him. As I crawl under my quilt tonight, I will just breath a sigh of relief and utter my humble thanks to Him who shows me grace and mercy every moment of my life.

5 Comments:

Blogger Pilot Mom said...

Praise God for your safety! I'm glad for us bloggers that you are still with us! :)

7:40 a.m.  
Blogger IMO said...

Wow! That must have been scary. I have been in situations like that. I think the Lord uses them to wake us up. I'm so glad you're OK.

8:23 a.m.  
Blogger IMO said...

I'm a little behind so I just read your last three posts. You know, sometimes God uses our own words to show I something. That's why I journal. Go back and read your last few posts and then read this one. Love Ya!

8:29 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord!! You're time on this earth has not come to pass. That's because you still have work to do, and I for one am thankful!

8:59 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praising God that He had His angels protecting you! I know that must have made your heart leap out of your chest. He is indeed gracious and merciful.

11:48 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home