Monday, March 07, 2005

In The Eye Of The Storm

Ever feel like you live in the eye of the storm? Like your world is being ripped apart? I have felt like that for months now. I feel like the house in tonight's photograph. Flying apart. Just barely holding things together. Proverbs 30:21 says, "Under three things the earth trembles, under four it cannot bear up." I feel at times like I am at number 3 and fear that if number 4 comes, I will be destroyed. And then, Christ reaches down and lifts me out of harms way. He reminds me that with Him as my foundation, when the tornado passes through, I will still be standing in the end. He never said the winds wouldn't blow on us as His children, He just promises to be with us. He promised not to give us more than we can endure. And so, as I crawl under the quilt tonight, I will cling tightly to my foundation and let the winds blow hard around me for I am safe, anchored to Christ.

Luke 8: 25 ~ He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided, and all was calm. Where is your faith He asked his disciples? In fear and amazement they asked one another, Who is this? He commands even the winds and the water, and they obey him.

5 Comments:

Blogger Pilot Mom said...

Becky, it's times like this when I climb in His lap and hang on for dear life! :) God bless you!

By the way Magvou's baby boy arrived Friday. :)

9:45 p.m.  
Blogger Lionfish said...

That reminded me of a picture in my mind that I had when I was running last week. I'll blog it for you over the next few days. :-)

6:17 a.m.  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I don't know what it is you are going through, but God knows all and I am lifting you up to Him in prayer.

8:15 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey hi. You duno me. but i read your every entry. I`m feeling like that house for a long time too. Glad you shared.

9:23 a.m.  
Blogger The Faith Expedition said...

Looking Into The Mirror...welcome to my blog. So glad you read and left a comment. It's tough sometimes to keep going when you feel pulled apart like that house. However, God is bigger than any storm. Just hang on!

Pilot Mom, Lionfish and Jennifer...Thanks so much for your continued support. Perhaps, one day I will find the courage to share my circumstance. For now, this is healing just to be able to journal my thoughts and perhaps, through my hurt, help others heal along with me. Funny, but when I start to write my blog each night, I usually feel like God is so distant. By the end, when I type, "as I crawl under my quilt" I feel completely different about Him. He really uses this blog to speak words of truth and healing to me. Thank you for your friendship.

Lionfish...yes, please do share your image with me. Thanks

9:46 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home