Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Wait For It...

I am convinced that God has a miracle in store for me. The hard part is waiting. And in the waiting, I am learning trust like I have never known before. And in the trust, I am learning patience like I have never known before. And in the patience I am learning peace like I have never known before. And so, my soul will wait for the Lord. And I can say, with sincere joy in my heart, that I am thankful for the waiting.

"For the vision is yet for the appointed time; it hastens toward the goal and it will not fail. Though it tarries, wait for it; for it will certainly come, it will not delay." ~ Habakkuk 2:3

"I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined to me and heard my cry. He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay, and He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God; many will see and fear and will trust in the Lord." ~ Psalm 40:1-3

"Wait for the Lord; be strong and let your heart take courage; yes, wait for the Lord." ~ Psalm 27:14

"As for me, I will watch expectantly for the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me." ~ Micah 7:7

"The Lord sustains all who fall and raises up all who are bowed down. The eyes of all look to You, and You give them their food in due time." ~ Psalm 145:14-15

As I crawl under my quilt tonight, I will close my eyes, and hear God whisper my name. He will remind me that He will never forsake me. He will tell me that He has not forgotten about me. He will tell me that He will bless me for the waiting. He will answer me and it will be the right answer at the right time. And He will give me the strength and the courage to accept the answer. And I will trust Him. And I will smile and say, "Just wait for it Becky...wait for it!"

5 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Praying for you!

5:48 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take a tight hold on His promises! Our God is to be believed!!! Praise Him. And big blessings on you - LJ

8:36 a.m.  
Blogger Pilot Mom said...

And a good morning to you, Becky! :) Thanks for dropping in and 'sampling' the banana bread with me. I think it ALWAYS tastes better when it is shared, don't you? :)

10:36 a.m.  
Blogger The Faith Expedition said...

Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement. It means so much to me! When I see your names come up, I see the names of friends, not faceless strangers. Isn't God amazing...He meets our needs in such practical ways, even with computers and blogging. Blessings on you all for your friendship in this place.

10:53 a.m.  
Blogger IMO said...

Again, great picture and great scripture. I'm glad to share in your life.

2:43 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home