Sunday, February 13, 2005

The Day When Nothing Got Done

Today was one of those days when you just can't seem to shift into a gear that actually propels you in some kind of forward motion. The plaid pajama pants and the too big t-shirt that I slept in seemed to be the only thing I wanted to wear today. And here I sit, in front of the computer, comfy once more in a cozy housecoat with Everybody Loves Raymond playing on the T.V. like old friends in the background. Other than getting dinner ready and making homemade buns, I accomplished only the bare minimum needed to survive today. My son was perfectly content to play and eat warm buns and cuddle with mommy in front of the T.V. We watched a whole array of strange kiddy programs including one bizarre show called Boo Bah that completely captured his tiny little mind. We played games on the floor, rolling around and pretending to climb mountains. We sang silly little songs that blasted from the CD player like London Bridges Falling Down and Itsy Bitsy Spider and The Teddy Bears Picnic. And then we did nothing again. I feel somewhat guilty, like I should have done some laundry or emptied the dishwasher. Ah, who am I kidding. I thoroughly enjoyed today and I have no guilt whatsoever! As I crawl under my quilt tonight I will thank my Father for giving me the kind of life where I can have a day when I do nothing but have fun with my son and eat fattening food. I'm so fortunate. And I will ask Him to help me accomplish more tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home