Friday, February 11, 2005

Facing An Unknown Future

I think I've said this already in an earlier blog but I need to remind myself again tonight. "When you're not sure what the future holds, remember, God is already there." That is a huge comfort to me in these days of such uncertainty. I can know, for sure, that whatever the future brings, God will be right in the midst of it. He has promised to walk alongside and never leave me to flounder about on my own.

Jer 29:11 (NIV) "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Wow, that has to be one of the most encouraging verses in the whole bible! Its such a relief not to have worry and fret. God has it all under control. Now that doesn't mean that I don't have to pray and plan for the future, but it does mean that if I commit it to God and do my best, He will take care of the rest. It also means that if there are still tough days ahead (and I know there are) that God will use them for my good and that somehow I will prosper from those experiences. As I crawl under my quilt tonight, I will thank my Father for His impeccable care of me. I will commit my future to Him and ask Him to give me the "peace that passes all understanding" and just trust that He has a perfect plan for me and that this too is part of the perfecting of my faith.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home