Wednesday, February 09, 2005

He Is With Us!

Isaiah 43:2-3 "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior."

I wish the verse read like this, "You will not pass through the waters or through the rivers. You will not walk through the fire and so of course, no flame will scorch you." However, if you take the waters and the rivers and the flames out, there is no need for the part that says, "I will be with you", and "For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior." We wouldn't need Him in our lives. I believe that God would rather we draw near to Him when times are good, but by nature, we (I) just don't seem to work that way. And so, I have drawn closer to God because of my current struggles and for that, I will crawl under my quilt tonight and thank Him for each tear that has fallen. And I will walk through the waters and He will be with me, and I will not drown when the rivers overflow me and the fires will not touch me. Thank you Father.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home