Thursday, February 10, 2005

Sin

Sin...its not often what we do that is the problem but that we somehow, in our sin, feel separated from God. Usually, its guilt and shame that makes it hard for us to come to Him when we have messed up. I know that He has forgiven me, even before I ask, but somehow, that just makes it worse. Talk about adding guilt to my guilt! I'm so thankful that Christ's blood has covered all my sin and shame, but I want to have the kind of relationship with God that makes me stop before I sin and consider the consequences instead of carrying on and then seeking forgiveness. I believe that there is always that moment, just before we gossip or lie, or slander or 'watch' something we shouldn't, when we know that it is wrong and we make a conscious decision to carry on any ways. And there in lies the problem. The Holy Spirit prompts us to stop, lets us know that this will 'grieve' Him but many times we hush that still small voice and carry on. As I crawl under my quilt tonight, I will ask my Father to forgive me and help me to be obedient to His voice when I clearly hear Him say, "Don't go there Becky. You are my child and I don't want you to do that."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home