Monday, January 24, 2005

So Blessed

Today I heard about the women in the Congo and the horrors of rape and murder that they face on a daily basis. It really made my stop and think about my life here in Canada and how blessed I am to live in such freedom and safety. No matter how hard life is for me right now, it's much easier then the life those women must endure. I don't know why God allowed me to be born into such a fortunate life. I feel that I have a responsibility to live it to the best of my ability and not squander it away on self-pity and missed opportunities. When I crawl into my king-sized bed and pull up my feather duvet and lay my head on my downy-soft pillows I will say a prayer for those women and probably feel ashamed of what I have in comparison. "Lord, help me to live my life in such a way that it somehow honors those suffering women and You. Amen"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home