Sunday, January 23, 2005

The Silent Day

Today was a silent day. Not silent as in 'no noise' but silent as in 'not the noise I long for'. I wasn't alone, yet I was terribly lonely. Sunday's are the hardest day of the week for me right now. Perhaps because it was once the day most likely to be filled with the sounds I love...laughter at a hockey game, a good movie on T.V., bacon and eggs frying in the kitchen, seagulls at the beach, the purr of the car engine on those lovely Sunday drives. Today I heard none of those sounds. And so tonight I'll ask my Father to fill my ears with the sound of His voice, to whisper to me words that are comforting and gentle. He has promised to be with me through the night and ultimately it is the sound of my heart beating in time with His that will give me what I need to carry on. But today was a silent day and I long for the noises that I love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home