Thursday, January 20, 2005

Feeling Forgiveness

Someone said to me today, "I'm sorry for hurting you.". I said, "I forgive you." I still feel the hurt. The feelings that come with "I forgive you" have yet to make their way to my heart. I know that God calls us to forgive and I know He forgives us in a complete and eternal way. I want to forgive others as He forgives me:
Psalm 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath He removed our sins from us.
Hebrews 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
"Lord, help me to extend forgiveness, not just by my words, but in my spirit. Please renew my mind and heal the hurt. Let me love again with an unblemished love. Help me to remember how great my sins were towards You and how completely you have forgiven me. Fill me to overflowing with love, with hope, with peace, and with true forgiveness!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home