Saturday, March 17, 2007

Nearing the end of the race...


Why is it that the final meters of a race are the hardest? Just when our projects are nearly finished, just those last few pounds, just that last paper, the last final exam...that's when we most feel like giving up! For me, even when I know that I'm nearly there, when the finish line is in sight, I still feel like sitting down and not budging another inch. It's infuriating! Frustrating! Exhausting! That's where I'm at right now. I've worked so hard over the past couple of years to finish my teaching degree. I'm nearly there! Just one more month! And yet, I feel utterly defeated. I just want to quit. Do you know what I think it is? I think it's Satan. I think that it just kills him when we complete a task! I think he hates it when we succeed at what we set out to accomplish! I think it makes him mad to see us so close to realizing a dream come true! And so, his nasty little strategy is to make us feel defeated right at the most crucial time. He glories in seeing us waiver, our legs begin to buckle, our head drop low, our shoulders sag, our eyes lose sight of the prize that's waiting for us if we finish. "As I near the finish line, Lord help me to keep my eyes focused on You. Help me to run these last few steps with courage and determination. Help me to not waiver, not buckle, not crumble. Help me make this dream come true Lord and I promise that I will use it to honour you."

2 Comments:

Blogger Pilot Mom said...

Father, I pray for Becky to finish strong. May You equip her with Your strength, increase her perseverance, and keep her stamina strong. Thank you Lord for her desire to finish and to finish good. I also thank you for keeping Becky wrapped securely in your arms. In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen.

1:22 a.m.  
Blogger Saija said...

amen to claire's prayer ... and amen and amen to your post!

((hugs)) to you, sweet girl ...

5:49 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home