Thursday, May 04, 2006

Making Jesus Smile


Today, my little 2 year old man prayed to Jesus all by himself for the first time. He closed his eyes tightly, folded his hands and asked Jesus to keep him safe, bless Mommy, Daddy, Nana, Papa and his cousins (which he carefully named) then he prayed for his dog, his teddy bear and then said, "In Jesus name, amen." As he finished I had the definite impression that Jesus was standing next to my son and just beaming from ear to ear. How sweet, like honey on the lips, must those first words uttered in child-like faith sound to Christ. I think that of all the prayers to come, of all the well spoken utterences, none would sound as sweet. My prayer is that Kyle would know Christ early and that he will seek after Him as he makes his way through this life.
"In Jesus name, amen."

9 Comments:

Blogger Pilot Mom said...

Becky, this brings tears of joy to my eyes! I'm with you...those first prayers out of a young one's mouth must be the sweetest sound next to the one's of "I need you as my Savior."

10:16 p.m.  
Blogger Dave. said...

Lord, I pray that Kyle will know you throughout his life in a mighty way. I pray that he will be in you and you will be in him. Thank you Jesus. Amen.

3:25 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is the sweetest. i'm sure God is very well pleased.

god bless. =)

8:04 p.m.  
Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

Becky!!! How that brings back memories for me! I have had the joy of seeing all for of my children give their lives to Christ and see the Holy Spirit bring forth evidence of salvation in their lives. I prayed with them from the time they were babes and three of them I personally got to lead to the Lord. They all recieved Christ as incrediably early ages, because the Lord revealed Himself to them, and as I was able to show them who He is over time. It may happen for you earlier than you realize - be ready!!! It is SO exciting! What a great foundation for their lives (as I am reminded and encouraged about my children).

6:55 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, BECKY!

9:59 p.m.  
Blogger Saija said...

so glad you are finished your year at University ... that you sound refreshed ... and that God has given you a blessing in the form of a 2 year old, praying, little boy ... :o)

4:47 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, becky. just dropping by to see how you are. hope you're okay. God bless you, sis.

7:14 p.m.  
Blogger David Warren Fisher said...

Becky:

I'm missing your posts! Are you alright, dear friend! Please let me know. Rest in His unchanging love!

Standing with you,

David

5:12 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL

10:40 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home