Friday, April 14, 2006

Unworthy...and yet...



Unworthy

i
stood at the foot
of the cross
and looked up
at Him
and He
looked down
at me
and droplets
of His blood
splashed
at my feet
and my tears
fell
and mingled
and i knew
i
was not worthy
to stand here
and He said
My blood
your tears
mix
and you are cleansed
and you are loved
and you are forgiven
and you are Mine
i fell
forward
and kissed His feet
i felt
true love
and i knew
oh
i knew
it was for me
for me
for me
He died
and i cried
because
i
was not
worthy
- Becky P.

5 Comments:

Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

You wrote that?! That is So beautiful! I loved the whole thing so much. What a beautficul tribute. On my newly cleaned desk I have the following cut out from a poster from Romans 8:31: "God is for us". Your line "i knew
it was for me," reminded me. God Bless. I'm gonna look at the pics now from your last entry. I'm gonna print out that poem and put it up somewhere.

12:50 p.m.  
Blogger Pilot Mom said...

Beautifully stated, Becky.

4:17 p.m.  
Blogger Saija said...

you said it, the way i felt it ...

praise God, that after Good Friday - there is Easter Sunday!

He is RISEN!!!!!!

7:06 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's beautiful, becky! happy easter to you and God bless! =)

7:19 p.m.  
Blogger Lionfish said...

I'm spending a little less time on the Blogosphere ... Hope you ahd a great Easter!

I am not worthy either!

8:55 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home