Monday, June 20, 2005

Coming down off the ledge!

Today, I am so cranky you should be glad you're reading this blog from a distance. : ) After another sleepless night and a day filled with Realtors dragging strangers through my house, I felt like I was 'on the edge'. And then, this image appeared in my mind, a famous painting I remember seeing as a little girl. It didn't mean much to me then, "oh, the poor little lamb must have been so afraid." Now, it means something quite different. I didn't know back then that one day, I would feel like that little lamb, alone on the edge of a great precipice, waiting for my Shepherd to grab hold and pluck me from the waiting arms of sorrow and self-pity and unbearable sadness. And as I type these words I realize why my Father brought this picture to mind. He wanted to remind me that I am not on that ledge; that the day Jesus died, He scooped me up and held me in His arms and I have never been out of his sight again. I 'was' lost, but I am found. I can choose to never wander from His loving gaze and watchful care again. I don't have to return to that ledge over and over again, as the evil one would have me do. He would like for me to feel that I am always lost and out of sight of The Shepherd. What a lie. And so, I will instead graze along the 'still waters' and 'lie down in green pastures' and find restoration for my weary soul. And I will not go back out on that ledge. And I am not cranky anymore!

4 Comments:

Blogger Saija said...

yay Becky! good for you ... Thank you Lord, for being there for us ... being there ALL the time ... ((hugs)) ... just prayed for you as i waited for my snail internet to open up!!! :) ...

7:52 p.m.  
Blogger David Warren Fisher said...

Becky: Thanks again for your refreshing honesty! You are touching others profoundly during this desert experience. Eternity will reveal how your life blessed others when you, yourself, were going through deep, dark waters.
Be encouraged tonight!

David

8:19 p.m.  
Blogger susanwalkergirl said...

Lovely Becky...positively lovely. The times in my life in which I feel most desperate and alone and in need of God...the image of Jesus and the Good Shepherd brings me the most comfort. Our Lord and Savior and his loving care. Thanks for enriching those who visit your site.

9:04 p.m.  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Amen, Becky! I have felt like that little lamb myself many times.

7:58 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home