Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow!

It's so wonderful to be here tonight. Oh, how I have missed you all and how deeply I have missed writing. It is amazing how healing it is to share feelings, thoughts, hurts and hurrahs. To commit to 'paper' a desire to be faithful and to not lose hope. It helped me stay the course on many dark nights. And now I am back and there is much and so little to share. Since that post telling you my house had sold...that deal also fell through! And so, we received another offer, our 4th, that same day and finally there is a sold sign out front! I stared at the sign with mixed feelings; sad at all I had lost and glad to have finally made the decision to sell and proud that I had found the courage and strength to take steps. But oh, how the tears rolled down! I thought they would never stop. There are good days and bad days in respect to my marriage. There are days when I feel sure that a miracle is just moments away and then there are days when it feels like this conflict will have no end. There have been many voices, friends and family, carrying messages of discouragement and defeat. "Give up Becky. Move on. You've done more than anyone could have asked of you. Let go. He's not worth it. You deserve better." And then I hear the only voice that matters and it beckons me to love. And I pick up the phone and say, "hey honey, how's your day going? Have I told you today that I love you?" So, that's where it's at. Still clinging to that mighty Oak, still standing strong in the storm, still believing, hoping, praying and giving thanks for all I have.

5 Comments:

Blogger Saija said...

you sound stronger somehow ... with some steel and more wisdom ringing in your writing tone ... Lord keep you clinging to that might Oak ... i've found that in the storms of life that have hit my marriage (pain, unkindness, ugly words ... you know the storms i speak of), that might Oak had the root system i needed to hang in there ... may BLESSINGS flow, Becky!

4:38 a.m.  
Blogger David Warren Fisher said...

Becky: So good to read your latest post! Finally, my sister, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Be encouraged today. His arms are mighty and He will meet every need.

In Him,

David

5:33 a.m.  
Blogger Pilot Mom said...

Becky, you DO sound stronger! Praise to Him alone! I'm so glad you are back. It was a delight to open up and read your post this morning. I'm so encouraged that you are listening to the ONLY Voice which is important! :) Much blessings!

6:40 a.m.  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Welcome back!!!!! I've thought about you so much. May God rain down His blessings on you - let them flow like your tears that flowed, until you think they will never stop! Love you.

10:13 a.m.  
Blogger IMO said...

I'm so glad you are back! You do sound better, more confident about your mission...Emotions are good, they help us work through stuff, identify feelings and crying or laughing releases stress which is good--is good or bad. God Bless!

11:23 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home