Thursday, June 16, 2005

Under The Umbrella

Well, that's one fearful hurdle that I am now standing on the other side of...the house is for sale. It was a difficult day, filled with sadness and loss. And the night was harder yet, questions unanswered, grief and sorrow washed my pillow and my darling son awake for four hours in the middle of the night. Emotional and physical exhaustion culminated into moments of anger at God for not at least giving me a good nights sleep in light of everything I had endured. And the rain continues to beat down on me. And so I must make a choice...do I let it bend me over, buckle me under, drown my spirit; or do I choose to see it the way God would have me see it?
"It isn't raining afflictions for you. It is raining tenderness, love, compassion, patience and a thousand other flowers and fruits of the blessed Spirit, which are bringing into your life such a spiritual enrichment as all the fullness of worldly prosperity and ease was never able to beget in your innermost soul."
--J.M. McC. (Streams In The Desert)
I'm certainly going to give it my best, and what I cannot give, I will ask the Holy Spirit to give on my behalf. I will ask Him to fill me with holy strength and courage. And I will open the umbrella of Faith and stand under it. And though the rains may fall harder still and the winds may yet blow more fierce and the thunder might crash and boom still louder and the lightening may strike closer and closer, I will gather the folds of my coat and pull them close in around me and stand firm in the storm as long as Christ holds my hand.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pilot Mom said...

Beautiful, Becky! You are making the right decision...I especially like "...and what I cannot give, I will ask the Holy Spirit to give on my behalf." How often do we fail to ask? I'm afraid all to often. You will emerge victorious! {hugs}

2:17 p.m.  
Blogger David Warren Fisher said...

Gracious, tender Father, enfold Becky in Your everlasting arms and speak "peace" in the midst of her storm. May she sense Your tenderness as she walks this unknown road. Thank You for showering your love on her today. Give her rest abundantly tonight as she lays her head on her pillow. I pray this through Your Son, Jesus Christ. AMEN!

5:19 p.m.  
Blogger Saija said...

been praying for you Becky ...

did you know that you are encouragement to others? you are ... your faith in the Lord really shines through, even tho' your knees are knocking!

((hugs))

7:21 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home