Monday, June 13, 2005

Courage Comes...

Your prayers have reached me, from across the mighty Pacific Ocean and Australia, across the vast expanse of Canada's prairies in Manitoba and Ontario, from sunny California, from Ohio, from Utah and from right next door on beautiful Vancouver Island. You have all touched me with your thoughts and prayers as sure as if you were standing before me. I felt your arms of comfort, I heard your words of encouragement, I experienced your love and care. And today, I felt the strength and courage begin to seep slowly back into my spirit. My bending head lifted, my back straightened from its despondent bend, my eyes dried, my thoughts cleared and I felt, no, I knew that I was going to make it. It still hurts. I'm still tired; but the fear is diminishing. The dread has passed and in its place I feel resolve and confidence. Courage is still a bit elusive but if you continue to remember me I know it will come.

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Isn't that a powerful verse..."Have I not commanded you?" Who am I to ignore a direct command from God Almighty! And then His promise..."The Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." I have claimed this verse as the torch I will carry before me in the coming days and so I don't forget it, I will write it on my bathroom mirror with my neon green 'glass marker'. How awesome is our God. How very relevant and present and accessible He is.

His grace is great enough to meet the great things--
The crashing waves that overwhelm the soul,
The roaring winds that leave us stunned and breathless,
The sudden storms beyond our life's control.
~Annie Johnson Flint

9 Comments:

Blogger Saija said...

The Lord is expanding your faith, Becky ... and you will be blessed ... i will keep praying for you ... AND, did you know that are a blessing to me? i am encouraged by your brave soul, an example to keep on keeping on ... ((hugs))

6:01 a.m.  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I echo what Saija said - you are a blessing to me, as well. And you have such a beautiful gift of using words! I may try that bathroom mirror thing myself - what a great way to remind us of scripture!

6:17 a.m.  
Blogger Pilot Mom said...

Amen, Amen, Amen! You continually encourage me through my daily living! Again, I'm telling you, you should WRITE! I'm not kidding! :)

8:21 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Word speaks so often to our attitudes. He knows we are but dust. How often I need the encouragement that He realizes what we are made of and guards us as the pupil of His eye. How amazing!!!

12:26 p.m.  
Blogger David Warren Fisher said...

God is doing a deep work in your heart, my friend. You will be able to comfort others with the comfort wherewith you have been comforted. You will have a level of empathy for the pain of hurting people that few others experience. The hurt that has accompanied this trial has been and will continued to be very painful but the King of Glory is making something very beautiful out of this heartbreaking crisis. Continue to lean on Him. He will sustain you. Psalm 55:22 and 1 Peter 5:7

Standing with you!

David

2:45 p.m.  
Blogger Pilot Mom said...

Becky, you've been tagged over at my place! Be sure to check it out!

12:29 p.m.  
Blogger Lionfish said...

Sounds like it went Ok then?

Great stuff!

5:39 a.m.  
Blogger IMO said...

I know that some days are good and some, not so good, but we will pray you through--it is a blessing to be involved in what He is doing in your life.

2:57 p.m.  
Blogger susanwalkergirl said...

Becky I praise God for the relief and strength that he has provided when you needed it.

Cling tight to your memory of this...and God's faithfulness to bring you through it. Sear it into your mind...so that when you face hard times you will be strengthened by the knowledge and memory of God's faithfulness and love for you.

Blessings to you Becky...may God continue to use you to touch people and help build and strengthen their faith.

Susan

10:14 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home