Friday, June 03, 2005

His Eye Is On The Sparrow


Be like a bird that, halting in its flight,
Rests on a limb too slight.
And feeling it give way beneath him sings,
Knowing he has wings.
Oh, such sweet peace just to know that should this branch snap beneath the weight of this sorrow, He has given me wings to soar. The Father watches over each of His little sparrows and tenderly gathers us in the shadow of His wings.
Why should I feel discouraged,
Why should the shadows come,
Why should my heart be lonely,
And long for Heaven and home?
When Jesus is my portion?
My constant friend is He:
His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me.
I sing because I'm happy.
I sing because I'm free.
His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me.
Let not your heart be troubled,
His tender word I hear,
And resting on His goodness,
I lose my doubt and fear;
Though by the path He leadeth,
But one step I may see;
His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me.
His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Saija said...

you got me humming "His eye is on the sparrow ... " that song blesses my heart so ... thank you!

6:46 p.m.  
Blogger Laura Talbert said...

Hi Becky,
What a great blog! I really like the pictures:-)

8:45 p.m.  
Blogger daisymarie said...

I was walking around work singing this song this week...it has long been one of my favorites!

Thanks for the reminder this morning. It is also one of my childhood memories: hearing my mom sing this song. She's having a pace maker put in today. Reading this seemed like a sweet assurance from God that not only is he aware of what's going on, but he's intimately involved.

blessings.

8:11 a.m.  
Blogger Victoria said...

Thank you for this song. The lyrics have always been an ispiration to me and they remind me of my Dad who has passed away.

I love the images on your blog.

Keep up the great posts!

6:52 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home